1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best LCD HDTV under $2500?

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by muledoggie, Feb 3, 2005.

1. muledoggie

muledoggie AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 6, 2004
    Would appreciate any advice.

Jeff

2. ibglowin

ibglowin Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 10, 2002
    Are you talking "pure" LCD?

or RP-LCD Hybrid?

3. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    A good Rear Projection LCD I've seen for under $2500 now is the Hitachi 50v500. Google it.

4. Allen Noland

Allen Noland New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I have a Dell 30" LCD TV. It is Very nice.

5. ibglowin

ibglowin Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 10, 2002
    My dad just picked up a 30" Vizio LCD at Costco for $1299. Absolutley stunning PQ. Costco will refund your money at any time if your not happy with any purchase you make. Even it it goes out 2 years down the road. Just keep your receipt and the box. This is why they don't sell extended warranties.

This pic is an SD Local channel off Dish Network stretched to fit!

Attached Files:

6. jtallon

jtallon Mentor

Nov 7, 2004
    You can probably find a 32" Sharp LCD in that price range. I picked up a 37" Sharp LCD for about $3k about 4 months ago, and I absolutely love it. I got mine from www.onecall.com, and their service was very good.

At the lower end, 30" LCD sets are down in the $1k range now - as the previous poster pointed out. Here's one example - I actually have one of these coming via UPS to my house right now as a set for our den...

http://www.directron.com/lt30hv.html

Watch the deal sites like www.techbargains.com and www.fatwallet.com - the people there seem to be pretty good at hunting out good deals on the 30" LCD sets...

But if you have the money, try to shoot for a 37" set - to me anything smaller than a 37" widescreen winds up being too small when you are watching regular 4:3 aspect ratio stuff on it...

7. muledoggie

muledoggie AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 6, 2004
    Sorry. I didn't make it clear. A "flat panel" LCD. No front or rear projectors.

Jeff