1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Number to Call to Upgrade?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dnelms, Feb 22, 2013.

1. dnelms

dnelms Legend

Nov 20, 2006
    What's the best route and number to call when trying to upgrade to the Genie DVR and 2 mini clients? Regular CSR or rentention? (Can't remember if there is a direct # for retention)

Currently we have 1 HR20-700 hooked up to the only HDTV in the house. We have another HD DVR on a SD television and a SD DVR hooked up to another SD television.

I want to upgrade for the sake of being able to record more shows. Changing to the Genie setup, but with an eye towards having everything in place when we replace the SD sets with HDTV's. Been with DTV since 1998 and am pleased, but am not going to pay a massive amount of dollars to upgrade.

SHould not have a problem hooking up the small clients to an SD TV thats has all inputs except HDMI, correct?

2. Bofurley

Bofurley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    KS
    I think it just the luck of the draw.
    I called 1 800 824 9081 for several weeks with no luck.
    Then last week I called 1 800 531 5000, asked about upgrading to Genie, the csm transferred me to another person. No question other than what my call was about, the install was on Monday with no problem.

3. samisamsung

samisamsung New Member

Oct 26, 2012

4. El Gabito

El Gabito AllStar

Apr 24, 2006
    Wtf lol ^