1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best option for standard-def, 2-room, DVR setup

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Fubar411, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Fubar411

Fubar411 New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    My TiVo of 7 years finally passed on, it had lifetime, great unit, really ahead of its time. I don't see a HDTV in my future as I recently divorced and am looking for the best bang for my bucks.

So I need two rooms, DVR, and standard def. I don't care about sports or movie channels, just need NICK, Bravo, TLC, and the usual. I like the idea of running two tvs off one box, I can easily do that with my house.

Thanks,
    -Rob

2. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    :welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Sounds like a job for the Dish Network DVR625. Dual tuner, outputs for TV1 and TV2, record 2 shows while watching 2 previously recorded ones.

3. Fubar411

Fubar411 New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Is there any downside to doing this offer from go dish dot com?

They say I can get a 722 and pay $5 a month to waive HD programming. I may be getting a HD tv come Thanksgiving.

4. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Bull. There is NO monthly charge to waive the HD programming. If one of your TVs has at least RCA connections, do the 722 anyway, for the higher HDD capacity over the 625. Also, order directly from the dish network website, don't trust those third-party goobers (especially with that fee that's been gone for 3-4 months or so...)