1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIG BANG THEORY series link problem.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Steve, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    For other HR2x users, my existing SERIES LINK failed to pick up the return of BIG BANG THEORY tonight on WCBS. I had to create a new one. You may want to check your TODO list to make sure this and the other returning shows tonight are scheduled. /steve

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Thanks for the heads up Steve but I did not have any problems.

I am wondering if it has some to do with your local CBS.

3. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Must be. I'm getting WCBS in the greater New York City metro area. /steve

4. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm in NYC market and have Big Bang scheduled for both tonight and next week. (I have no conflicts and this is set to record First Run episodes using a traditional series link, not an autorecord series link.)

5. funhouse69

funhouse69 Icon

Mar 26, 2007
    I'm in the Boston Market and honestly didn't even know that there was a new Episode on tonight until I happened to check my list of recordings and saw that it had recorded a new episode. So thankfully mine worked fine.

At the same time you wouldn't believe the flack I got for this when the significant other had a few of her shows not record recently. When I checked the history they just said that the programs were no longer available.

When you get the usual question of why a DVR doesn't perform its basic function it is hard to defend :eek2:

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This seems to be locally guide related, and since the posters all seem to have been DIRECTV users, I'm going to move this back to the HR20/HR21 forum.

7. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    I get CBS via OTA (it's a LIN owned station for me) and I too had to delete and recreated my SL. Luckily I caught it before last night and did record last nights episode. Next week's is also in my to do list.

8. bmerrow

bmerrow Legend

Jul 26, 2007
    BBT recorded correctly for me - it is possible my wife fixed it but I doubt that - it was set to record ALL episodes so a bad first run flag could impact others and I do not know how that was set.

9. ncxcstud

ncxcstud Icon

Apr 22, 2007
    mine picked it up fine with no problems at all...

10. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Mine worked from the previous season. Great episode! You can watch it online if you missed it.

The only thing I noticed was the timing of subsequent CBS shows was early by a couple of minutes. I assumed that was a network problem.

11. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    My Big Bang Theory worked fine, but the Bachelor SL we set up a couple of weeks ago failed because they changed it to Bachelor British Invasion or something. Crap, a show with the name Bachelor in it ran at the time I wanted to record a show with the name Bachelor. You would think the system would be smart enough to know that it should record it.

12. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    So it looks like the "BBT" SL issue was a random one for at least 3 different CBS affiliates. 2 on the East Coast (up and down state NY) and one in the Bay area.

Since at least one other person in my area did not have an issue, I wonder if it had to do with the state of the GUIDE info when the link was first created?

Just trying to find an explanation that fits the facts. :) /steve

13. Bergthold

Bergthold AllStar

May 30, 2007
    Mine recorded fine in San Jose/San Francisco area. My series link was still in place from last year.

14. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Mine recorded fine. HD on the HR20 and SD backup on the HR21.

I do an SD backup because my local CBS has had transmitter problems for their HD signal before so I backup all CBS recordings in SD as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.