1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big mayday protest planned

Discussion in 'The OT' started by tomcrown1, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    Hispanic leaders divided over 'May Day' protest
    By LISA HOFFMAN
    April 24, 2006

Last week, the Arizona organizers of a massive pro-immigrant rally turned thumbs down on the call to join a national job and spending boycott set for Monday.

On further reflection, and after workplace raids, they changed their minds and now support what is being billed as a coast-to-coast "Day Without Immigrants," an unprecedented effort to demonstrate the economic fuel such workers contribute to America's economy both as consumers and producers

http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/nw_nation_world/article/0,1874,ABIL_7961_4649477,00.html

How many will join in on the may day protest??

2. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    Maybe they can protest by walking back to their own crap country and protest there. Why not change your own country first?

3. dpd146

dpd146 Godfather

Oct 1, 2005
    There are plenty of water stations in the desert courtesy of Uncle Sam to help them on the way.

4. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Somehow we really need to increase the number of Christians on this forum. Either that or more atheists.

5. Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill AllStar

Apr 5, 2006
    I dunno, but I think this "walkout" could backfire dramatically on the immigrants, legal or otherwise. Yesterday here in Denver there was a smaller rally that basically was exactly the opposite of what the Monday rally will look like. Those folks are demanding that the illegals be barred from any government services (except emergency room care and public schools which are protected by the feds). I think only a simpleton doesn't understand that Mexican immigrants do the crap work, etc. that many whites won't do (at the carp wages that are paid), so by staging massive protests it now has heightened awareness on the illegals. What sort of sympathy do they want? There will be measures directed against the immigrants as a result of trying to bring attention to themselves. Let em walk. Also, make em pay taxes, SS, etc. like the rest of us have to!!! Most of the illegals send their cash back to Mexico and they still want our government services. Just doesn't make sense to most of us and their "rally" will cause a greater rift in our community here, IMHO.

6. dpd146

dpd146 Godfather

Oct 1, 2005
    I'm with ya for the most part Buffalo except alot of the jobs (like construction) are crap wages because of the illegals. That $8 an hour here in the US is obviously a whole lot more down there where, as you said, the money goes. So they are basically making the same money, if not more, as the whites (your word) were before they came. The only catch is they have to live 15 deep in a trailer while they are here.

7. dpd146

dpd146 Godfather

Oct 1, 2005
    I am a Christian, I just don't let it cloud reality.

8. Mikey

Mikey Hall Of Fame

Oct 26, 2004
    Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 2706 S Shartel Ave., will conduct a special Mass at 3 p.m. Monday in conjunction with the march and rally, said the Rev. Anthony Taylor.

"It's the feast day of St. Joseph, the patron saint of workers. These are all people that are working in our economy and whose rights are not being respected," Taylor said.

Link to full article: http://newsok.com/article/1828722/?template=news/main

9. Fifty Caliber

Fifty Caliber Banned User

Jan 4, 2006
    As someone who has deep religious beliefs, which are non-christian BTW, I don't see what your goal would accomplish. There are jerks of every religious faith.

10. dpd146

dpd146 Godfather

Oct 1, 2005
    Which of their right are not being respected? When has it ever been someone's right to enter the US illegaly and to remain/work illegaly?

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence.
    Article 4, Section 4

11. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    If I had an employee who asked for the day off I would refuse it. If he didn't show up for work I would fire him on the spot.

12. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    If you think you are a Christian, but don't let it effect your daily life, you are not really a Christian.

13. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Illegal immigrants pay 11 billion dollars a year into the Social Security system. They will never receive a dime of it back.

Not everyone, or even most, of those participating in the walkout will necessarily be illegal.

14. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm talking about real Christians, not just people who say they are Christians. Christians show their identity by their actions, not a label.

15. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Its not their rights as U.S. citizens that is being abused, since they aren't citizens, although many of our rights are constitutionally extended to all who are in the country, not just citizens. It is their human rights that are not being respected. This is something that Christians are worried about no matter who it concerns, because it is God's command.

16. Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I have no problem with immigration, Mexican or anyone else, but it needs to be LEGAL imigration, not line jumping illegals. I have no problem changing some of the immigration laws to allow some kind of guest worker program as long as their are some kind of background checks and they get this status BEFORE they come to this country NOT After. Legal guest workers need to pay all taxes and ss that an American citizens would pay and should not be allowed on welfare. For those who are legally here, I have no problem having special programs in the school systems helping them learn English and becoming American Citizens. At the same time borders should be beefed up, and the only care for illegal aliens would be emergency medical care ONLY, and any time an illegal alien is caught breaking one of are laws even for a minor traffic violation, they should be deported, unless their life would be in danger do to political or religious reasons. Any companies caught hiring undocumented aliens should be levied heavy fines. Protecting are borders in this time of war is a matter of National security.

17. Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    As a Christian I agree that all peoples human wrights should be respected weather legal or not, but in this context what human wrights of the illegal aliens in this country being violated? With a higher percentage of illegal aliens in this country on welfare then citizens, with a higher percentage in gangs then citizens, with a higher percentage in are Nations prisons for violent crimes then citizens, once again what human wrights are being violated? It appears to me that many of the illegal aliens in this country are being treated better then some of are own citizens and legal aliens.

18. dpd146

dpd146 Godfather

Oct 1, 2005
    I again wonder, what rights, human or otherwise, are being violated.

19. dpd146

dpd146 Godfather

Oct 1, 2005
    Anyone effected by May Day???

20. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Would you like to provide any evidence for your claims? The figures I find don't support them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.