1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Big Ten Network

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by Mark Martin, May 17, 2011.

1. Mark Martin

Mark Martin Cool Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I just signed up for the Dish 200+. The Dish website says the the BTN is on channel 439 but it's lot even listed in my guide. Anyone tell me where the station is located?

2. thedamaja

thedamaja New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Unless you live in a Big Ten state you need the sport pack to receive it.

3. Mark Martin

Mark Martin Cool Member

Nov 12, 2009
    That stinks. Dish should have noted that on their site. DTV delivers it to all customers. I'm in SEC country but I'd still liked to have had the BTN and thought I was getting it.

Thanks for the reply Digg.

4. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    Sorry about any confusion, but thedamaja has the correct answer.

BTN is only available to those who live in a BTN area, but is available for everyone else if they subscribe to the Multi Sport Package (which is $7/month). The link below is on the AT200 page, and tells you what channels you get in your specific area:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/local/default.aspx

5. Mark Martin

Mark Martin Cool Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Thanks guys, I do appreciate your timely and accurate responses. Since I live in SEC country it's not a big loss but I did enjoy the BTN on occasion. After being with Dish one week and DTV it would be nice to have the best of both. They each have strengths and weaknesses.

6. NebraskaPanhandle62

NebraskaPanhandle62 New Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Can you clarify whether people who subscribe to Dish Network in Scottsbluff Nebraska Will be able to see the Big Ten Network (Nebraska Football Games) in HD on September 1st? It has been announced that this will occur in Nebraska but what about in HD?

7. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    You should get both sd and HD feeds as well as several alt channels (both sd and HD as well).

8. NebraskaPanhandle62

NebraskaPanhandle62 New Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Thank You! Garys for the reply!