1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Ten Network

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by rkh, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkh

rkh Mentor

Mar 18, 2005
    Just when I thought my sports viewing problems were over (Fox Sports Detroit HD is up!!), I now see that some college games are being carried on ANOTHER new network....The Big Ten Network. Does anyone know E*'s plans for this one??

2. blackwhole

blackwhole Mentor

Apr 12, 2007
    I don't know any more than anyone else, but I wouldn't be surprised if came to terms at the last minute. Maybe they're waiting for Comcast to fall in place?

As long as they include it in AT250, I'm good.

3. gopherscot

gopherscot Legend

Mar 25, 2002
    I think a lot of us are hoping that this channel gets added! I think, in my opinion, one will be in place around the time the channel debuts.

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
  5. Codeman00

Codeman00 Godfather

Dec 13, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Time will tell....we're still waiting.

6. migoblu

migoblu Cool Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Wolverine - Covering University of Michigan Sports Magazine, the Big Ten Network does expect to reach agreement with Time Warner, Dish Network, and Charter before the start of the season. But, I don't know if this was before Dish Network filed with the FCC to make the Big Ten Network a regional sports channel. The Big ten Network offical also stated that these thing usually get done at the last moment. Well, we'lljust have to wait and hope.

7. Lincoln6Echo

Lincoln6Echo Godfather

Jul 11, 2007
    The Big Ten Commissioner was just on the Cardinals/Cubs game talking to the Fox broadcast announcer guys about the Big Ten Network, and he was saying that it's a nation wide network that will serve all of the Big Ten fans across the country. He mentioned D*, but not E*. So who knows if E* will end up getting it. He also talked about that 80-85% of its programming will be in HD, so if E* does get it, add that as another HD channel.

8. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    Didn't you watch, or hear about the national demand for SEC sports? Big 10 has a long way to go before DISH will offer it to the public before SEC sports/

LOL....

9. heisman

heisman Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    SEC demographics will make it tough to ever follow the Big Ten's lead.

10. norton54

norton54 Mentor

Feb 2, 2006
    Just another way to screw us sport fans. I can't believe all the channels I have now but when I click on them it says blacked out in your area. What games am I supposed to get? There's nothing ever on those "new" HD channels that popped up a few weeks ago. I really don't know who the bad guy is here I just know that my ol lady is going to bitch when she finds out that she is going to miss some her IU basketball games this year. I say SCREW them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.