1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Biggest screw up since 3 years ago

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Jodean, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    Now what in the ??? This is worse than the nonfunctional lnb/hr24-700 systems. Last month couldn't activate clients, this month cant activate any HR44-200 genies. If it aint one thing its another. What does it take like 5 minutes for someone to add the 200 model into the system so that we don't have to be on hold all day to activate a genie?? Now remotes don't work. First it was waiting for clients to update in order to use a remote. Now it lets us program the remotes to tvs, but then does a flash update 3 days later and reverts to IR, making all remotes useless. NICE WORK DIRECTV!!

Now the latest clients which i believe are c41-100 wont work with IR signal. At first i thought it was the room full of windows and sun shining in, until the other 3 rooms wouldn't work either. Very very weak ir response to all clients, they would only recognize every other keystroke or just randomly quite responding. I have not noticed this on any other model client like the 500, they seem to work the best. Pretty lame showing customers how the equipment doesn't work on a brand new install.

Some dude flagged me down the other day from a HSP install, his remote quit working and wanted me to fix it as he had the protection plan. Explained i didnt work for HSP yet I fixed his stuff anyway. What a bunch of **** that no ones brand new systems are working. Does anyone even care??? Who is sending this stuff out without ANY testing what so ever?? Come on guys get with the program already.

Now today i find out the RF mode for the genie is messing with anything wireless in the house. They had a verizon 4G system interfering, as well as a remote tv signal sender blocking all remote commands, so that made a total of 4 out of 4 remotes not working at this house. REALLY???? Thats just fantastic.

OH, and on top of that the HR44's are jambing all netgear routers now, super. Cx pays for internet but directv destroys it, super great deal there.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    ouch, that's REAL F@ckUP ! :(

3. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Frankly since no one else has as many issues as you do One has to wonder.

Some specific customers will have a weird issue at their house that needs to be worked around. Maybe you've found one of those. Sounds like all these issues are at one persons house I have to wonder if the person isn't trying to get something to work in a way different than it was installed and creating issues. One would then have to wonder why they whereby happy with the install in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    One does have to wonder seeing how the Thread Starter's profile states his Digital Provider is Dish Network and Satellite/Digital Equipment are 722k, 722, 612, and 512 while his signature states Dish-722k, 722, 612,512,510 and DirecTV- HR34,HR24, 2H25s, 2H24s.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I think in the past he's mentioned he has both services.

6. Sep 2, 2013 #6 of 32
    Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    Actually dont have dish anymore....

This isnt just at one house...

They did fix the 200 genie model thing over the weekend!! WOOHOO!!!!

This weekends storm caused all kinds of genie remotes to stop working with clients though......easy fix but not good rap for directv once again, cant have remotes unsyncing every thunderstorm...

Found another netgear router today, had to run a wired kit. Its the netgear routers with blue lights in a bubble causing programs, the wireless cck or the genie wireless jambs them and wont let anything else connect wirelessly.

Seems to be a MAJOR router as i have seen quite a few of them now, that makes roughly 5% of homes that cant use cck wireless kits or hr44 for internet.....

7. Sep 4, 2013 #7 of 32
    Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    more and more remotes losing sync, cx's are calling all the time, even weeks after install

8. Sep 4, 2013 #8 of 32
    sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Seems odd nobody else is reporting this here.

9. Sep 4, 2013 #9 of 32
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    it's endemic pandemonium :D

10. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Maybe you can post the Netgear router number that is causing a problem? Next time you run into one, please look at the label and give us the model number. Lets see if others have the problems too.

11. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    yeah right, kinds like i was the only tech with lnb problems then directv finally announced the issue six months later.....uh huh ya it was just me

Problem is the retailers use different model equipment than HSP so they never seem to have issues since they are usind old equipment and we get the new off the line stuff or new model first.

Last weeks update for clients knocked out any client in RF mode with the new style remote, and im not the only one with this issue, good thing you think your "all that"

12. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Well, I have never heard of one person losing sync completely and randomly between their rc71 remote and their genie for no reason with an hr44 and then having to resync it. SO yeah, actually, it is weird. And since I have two clients and have never had this issue that supposedly knocked out everyone's remotes and i have had that firmware, I know that your assessment is lacking.

13. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Please don't feed him.

14. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I just checked my C41-100, which is set for RF mode with a RC71 also works just fine with a RC65RX that's set to IR mode.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

15. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    I swear no one can read anymore.......this happens on clients that doent update on new installs for a day or up to a week later.
    Also had this happen after this last weekends hail/thunderstorm

Happening on c41-100 clients

Ive never had a genie unsync ever, that was a HSP install that the guy flagged me down accross the street from my install.

16. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    Yes, you are correct, they work just fine after the firmware flash. In which case happens a day or a week later after a new install. For some reason it happend during the lightning storm as well, those clients all got factory reset somehow during the storm and were all in IR mode.

17. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    Its not a question "if" they are having problems. Ive talked with directv advanced tech support twice about it. They know its a n issue but will not fix it. Their fix is to run a new cable down the side of a million dollar house and hard wire it to the router. Not exactly a fix is it??

18. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Cleints then. What firmware is the client on that your having that issue? I am sure you know since its happening so much. Are you saying the unsync after they update and that the process of updating is whats causing them to unsync? I have never once seen that happen either, and i have had more client updates than you have ever had in terms of firmware versions.

And you said earlier that thunderstorms cause it.

19. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Sure sounds like the was a major power line problem.

20. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    Yes, when the first c41's showed up the process was to wait till they flashed before programming remote in rf mode since the flash would put the client back into IR mode. Yet to program the tv code you had to first RF the remote. Ok that worked for a month or so till the clients quit doing updates while tech was still onsite. The clients started flashing 3 or 4 days later, and now they are doing it up to two weeks later. So every RF remote was wiped out during the flash that happened days later.

Still no way to force flash on clients. At first they did it like clock work within 20 minutes, now they dont update till the tech leaves.

But im sure you know all this already.....