1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Billy Crystal 700 Sundays on HBO

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by dpeters11, Apr 19, 2014.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Watching this now, any fans of his or standup, catch another showing. it's autobiographical, but hilarious and touching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I set the DVR. I hope he does not fall into old characters like Robin Williams does. I get bored with the old stuff these days.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    The only characters he plays are of relatives. It's not a standup routine of jokes, though it is very funny or manic like Williams. He's telling a story. Though he does have some Jewish jokes, etc. He actually did win a Tony award for this a few years ago.

It is rated TV-MA, there is some language and adult situations.

4. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    I have not seen the HBO special, but it sounds like the last book he put out, "Still Foolin' 'Em: Where I've Been, Where I'm Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys?". I got the audio book version and listened to it a few months ago while we were on a road trip, It just cracked us up. Great book and comedian,

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Thanks for the notice; have set the recording (not a series, is it?), and look forward to it.

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It's not a series, they recorded a performance. There are parts of his childhood where I'm envious. Billy Holliday taking him to a movie as a child?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk