DBSTalk Forum banner

Bit of Advice about Genie

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Robster138 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

I would like some advice on the Genie thing. I called the other day about getting the genie installed and they told me it was free for me I just needed to schedule it.

I have two DVR's right now, an HR24 and an older HR-XX. The old one HR-XX is just terribly slow so I thought I would get rid of it when they install the Genie, but my question was should I keep the HR24? Can it be a Genie client? I only have 2 TV's so I do not need any other clients. I was thinking of keeping it and using it together with the Genie. Will that work? If I keep the HR24 does that mean I can record two shows on it and 5 shows on the genie? Can they each see the shows on the other one with MRV?

Thanks much!
Eric

#2 ·
Yes and No

Yes you can keep The Hr24 and it will be able to see and playback recorded content from the Hr34/44.

But you can't tell the HR34 to record something from your Hr24, and Vise versa.
DVRs will not record to other DVRs, only themselves.
But you can see the Playlists from both, and play back from both.

Quite frankly this IMO is a much better system the a Genie with Clients.
I would never Give up the HR24 for a C31/41. NEVER!

#4 ·
damondlt said:
Yes and No

Yes you can keep The Hr24 and it will be able to see and playback recorded content from the Hr34/44.

But you can't tell the HR34 to record something from your Hr24, and Vise versa.
DVRs will not record to other DVRs, only themselves.
But you can see the Playlists from both, and play back from both.

Quite frankly this IMO is a much better system the a Genie with Clients.
I would never Give up the HR24 for a C31/41. NEVER!
^^^^Could not say it better myself. Stay awat from C31/C41's if you can help it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.