1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Black Gold

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by TheRatPatrol, Jun 29, 2008.

1. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Anyone else watch the first 2 episodes on TNT today? Interesting that its filmed in HD, but the rest of the series will be shown on TruTV in SD (todays shows were both in HD on TNT).

Learned a lot about how oil rigs work though.

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Been watching this on tru for the last 2 weeks. Liking it so far. Didn't realize those guys made so much money (or that they're all alcoholics). The only thing I don't like is that we also watch Axe Men and Ice Road Truckers. The three shows are just too similar (same announcer, format, etc.). I wish they'd make the three shows a bit different.

3. jodyguercio

jodyguercio New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Weve been watching as well. Not getting the Ice Road/ Deadliest Catch vibe yet. Im sure that if this goes for a few more season that they'll all run pretty much the same. Still its good summertime tv. Wouldnt make it in our house during the fall.

4. Jul 1, 2008 #4 of 11
    Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Yep, we're watching, too. I wish we had Tru in HD, but airing it on TNT every once in a while helps me enjoy it better. It would be nice if TNT re-aired the whole series in HD.

5. Jul 1, 2008 #5 of 11
    sattec

sattec Godfather

May 28, 2004
    the public is learning a producing well can be "brought in" in 6 months. :)

6. Jul 1, 2008 #6 of 11
    Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I've been concentrating on the characters and haven't really gleaned much practical knowledge about the industry. I'm sure that'll come in time. After all, before Axemen, I didn't know the difference between a Bullbucker and a Butt. :)

7. jodyguercio

jodyguercio New Member

Aug 16, 2007
  8. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    The DVR is already set.:)

9. jodyguercio

jodyguercio New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    OK so maybe we should've skipped it this season,
    seriously it's a bunch of f bombs and chest pounding.

10. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I agree. I only got to watch about 15 minutes last night, but it looks like a different show.

If Cheston wants to be taken seriously, dump the Mercedes and get a truck.

11. dave29

dave29 DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 18, 2007
    Haven't watched the new eppy yet. Planning on it tonight. I liked this show last year, and there is nothing else on right now anyway.