1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Blacked Out Again Tonight Cardinals @ Cubs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Rob37, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Rob37

Rob37 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I am blacked out again tonight trying to watch the Cardinals vs Cubs. I called Directv and they said there was nothing that could be done that they do not comtrol the blackouts. I do not live in either the Cardinals or Cubs Territory and I am not getting either feed. Can someone help. Is anyone else blacked out??

2. dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Where exactly do you live? Does the MLB.TV website claim you to be in either team's territory?

I have had no issues with Cardinals games whatsoever, but I live in Denver which is nowhere near the territorial boundaries.

3. gpg

gpg DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    I'm getting both feeds. Are your other Extra Innings feeds coming in ok?

4. Rob37

Rob37 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    All other MLB channels are working. I am not getting either feed tonight of the Cubs or the Cardinals. As i have already posted I Do Not Live In Either Cubs or Cardinals broadcast territory. My 2 “Local Teams” are Reds & Braves. I could not get either feed last night either when they played the Astros.

5. Rob37

Rob37 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I had this exact same problem last night. I Have NEVER been blacked out like this before from a Cardinals or a Cubs Game. As i will repeat to you once more I am in Reds and Braves Territory.

6. Rob37

Rob37 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I am wrongfully blacked out and DirecTv when i just spent about 30 minutes of time on the phone with them says that they can do nothing that MLB determines blackouts.

7. Rob37

Rob37 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I Need Help. What Can Be Done?

8. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I've seen blackout problems solved by a refresh of the receivers on the directv web site. May not work but worth a try.

9. Rob37

Rob37 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I do not understand a “Refresh” I’m sorry what do you mean?

10. Rob37

Rob37 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Could Somebody please help?

11. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Go to the menu press Setting/Restart Receiver

12. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    No. There is a refresh option on the web page. I am. It home so I can't look for it. Search the page for refresh services or reauthorize receivers. It sends new authorization to your receivers from the satellite. Sometimes it corrects incorrect blackout codes.

13. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    www.directv.com/resend

14. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Disregard.

15. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    www.directv.com/resend

Thanks for picking me up. I almost found it on my iPhone.

1 person likes this.
  16. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Just saying you are in Reds and Braves territory isn't going to help. We need to know what city you live in so we can look it up, it's possible you are in one of the areas in Fox Sports South/SportsSouth territory that can get select Cardinals games in addition to Reds and Braves games. For people in that area tonight's game was on channel 652. If you are blacked out of the Cardinals again tommorow, check channel 650 as that's where the SportSouth feed of the Cardinals game will air.

17. Rob37

Rob37 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I already know this. I Checked that Sportsouth feed and it was blacked out too. I am in Zip Code 38834 in NorthEast Mississippi. I have always gotten the Cardinals on channel 671 but 650 is always blacked out for me. But here is the kicker I was blacked out from the Comcast Sportsnet Chicago Channel 665 as well. I was Completely Blacked Out as i said once more My Area is covered by Atlanta Braves & Cincinnati Reds. I am not in St. Louis Broadcast Territory unless something has changed in the last 2 days.

18. Rob37

Rob37 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Look the Bottom Line Is This. I was Blacked Out From Both Feeds. The 3rd Feed which is the Sportsouth Feed on Channel 652 i believe has never been on for me. I had no access to the game whatsoever & I am not in either teams home broadcast territory. I should have been able to see the game on either FOX Sports Midwest Channel 671 or Comcast Sportsnet Chicago Channel 665. This has happend 2 nights in a row. Last Night When St. Louis played against Houston both the Houston Feed & St. Louis Feed were also Both Blacked Out. Someone a Mod Can you please contact someone at DirecTv and escalate my issue. I got nowhere with the representative i talked to on the phone. All he told me was that MLB Determines Blackouts. I know I am wrongfully being blacked out.

19. dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    OK, I checked your zip code with MLB.TV and verified that you are inded outside Cardinals territory as you claim. I needed to verify this because territories overlap and you are pretty close to where the Cards boundary is located.

What probably happened is that DirecTV was notified that a portion of Cardinals territory was not being blacked out as it should be (MLB is pretty strict about blackouts and will complain if they learn of such a mistake). In the process of adding the necessary zip codes to the blackout list, your zip code (being close to the boundary line) got included by mistake. Unfortunately, this kind of mistake is extremely difficult to correct. You certainly won't get anywhere with most CSR's (who really don't know anything about blackouts). I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid you may be SOL.

Since MLB.TV recognizes your area as being outside Cardinals territory, you might subscribe to it instead of MLB Extra Innings in the future, assuming you have broadband access. There are various in-home devices that will allow you to watch MLB.TV on your TV. This is the best advice I can give. Sorry.

20. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Is the ZIP code you gave us the same as that of your registered service address with DIRECTV?