1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

"Blacked out event" on fox soccer ?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by PBowie, May 2, 2013.

1. PBowie

PBowie Legend

Jan 4, 2006
    Florida
    So today I was looking at my my timers for Fox soccer channel- and making sure that my timers are set for Sundays too big EPL games-Liverpool-Everton and Manchester United-Chelsea
    but both are skipped and say "blacked out event"

I have NEVER seen this before??
    anyone got any ideas?

I know they black out games for american sports but Fox soccer? its not as If I can drive to the game to watch it !!

the only thing that has changed isI also had fox soccer + but cancelled it today because looking at what was being shown -they did not have games anymore I was interested in plus
    its the end of the season in 3 more weeks. so I cut it today saving 15 bux but would that affect these fox soccer games I have not changed any of my packages (Still have america everything pack)

Is this all related? And seeing as Fox has lost the EPL next season and going to NBC sports I didn't think Fox soccer Plus is needed ?
    but im still confused about this "blacked out event" ??

Attached Files:

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Check your local Fox Sports RSN. There is a Manchester vs Chelsea game on several FOX channels on Monday. Is this the same game?

The FSC version is not blacked out in my area (Northern Indiana) but the Fox RSN for my area doesn't have any local teams for my area.

3. PBowie

PBowie Legend

Jan 4, 2006
    Florida
    Yes I have gone thru all the channels ,sometimes rarely they are on FX or FOX local 35
    I went thru all my fox RSNs and PPV sports but nothing-interestingly - my games are recording normal tomorrow the 4th and the monday game on the 6th are recording as well

just the 2 Sunday games (which are both live)
    and the biggest games of the weekend .......

4. PBowie

PBowie Legend

Jan 4, 2006
    Florida
    Dish told me the game will be available in SD NOT HD I am at least grateful i can watch it live I have no idea why its not on the HD feed..

5. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    If you asked a CSR don't take their word for it. And yes, similar to this has happened before just a month ago, but by game day it was broadcast in HD. I don't know that will be the case but I wouldn't use a CSR on the phone as the authoritative answer.

6. crabtrp

crabtrp Legend

Sep 23, 2006
    They are not blacked out anymore.

Phew.

7. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    NEVER believe what a CSR on the phone tells you. Never. Always get whatever they tell you confirmed on the forums.