1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Blackout-Yankees/Dodgers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by majikmarker, Jul 30, 2013.

1. majikmarker

majikmarker AllStar

Feb 27, 2005
    Arlington, WA
    Can anyone answer why the Dodgers/Yankees game is blacked out here in the Seattle area?

It should be on MLBN (or Padres/Reds) which I have in my package (Premier). Neither game is on and I get the "not available in your area" screen. Game is also on YES but that is blacked out as well. Game is obviously not on any of my local RSN's or channels.

Normally I don't care much about out of market games but I have hopped on the Puig bandwagon and was hoping to see this tonight as it was suppose to be on MLBN. I realize they follow MLB rules but I also know they make mistakes

DTV customer service was of no use. When my limited understanding of MLB blackouts was far beyond the customer service rep, I knew I was in trouble. Whereever I was routed to, they had no concept of baseball, Dodgers or Yankees.

2. 6tv's

6tv's Mentor

Mar 1, 2008
    Game is on ch 214 MLB alt. in Seattle area.

3. majikmarker

majikmarker AllStar

Feb 27, 2005
    Arlington, WA
    Thank you. I had removed 214 from my channel list.

You solved something neither customer service nor the game search "app" could. Thanks again!

4. delawaredave

delawaredave New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Why would the game on 213, SD vs Cin be blacked out in philly area?

5. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    MLB Network's games are regional, you either get the game on 213 or the game on 214, not both. It isn't like other networks where the alternate game is only for the markets of the local teams playing on the main feed. Unfortunately they don't bother telling anyone in advanced what game they're getting.

6. tjguitar

tjguitar Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    MLB network has two game feeds. The 7pm EST game was COL-ATL or SEA-BOS. Since Philly is an NL market and a division rival of the Braves, they showed you COl-ATL instead of SEA-BOS. COL-ATL was paired with NYY-LAD. SEA-BOS was paired with CIN-SD.

So anyone who gos the COL-ATL game would get NYY-LAD. MLBN apparently doesn't have the ability to switch between games with that narrow of a window between the end of the early game and start of the late game.

7. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Thank you. I had removed 214 from my channel list.

You solved something neither customer service nor the game search "app" could. Thanks again!

Game search doesn't work well with the MLB channel since the listing has both games listed.