1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackouts again

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Davenlr, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Why would FSN Prime Ticket (Cubs vs Dodgers) preseason on channel 694 be blacked out for Arkansas?

These blackouts are really starting to tick me off.

2. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    not all of the preseason baseball games are shown....some are blacked out.

3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I know that, since it comes up on every channel Im paying for. I really am not complaining, Im curious WHY they are blacked out.

4. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    I'm blacked out of the Penguin game tonight. I purchased Center Ice and I still can't watch it? WTF

5. Mark Walters

Mark Walters Legend

Sep 21, 2009
    Did you try NHL Network 215?

Could be the channel, D*, or baseball based on a variety of factors. I have an issue with NBA games. I have NBA League Pass and had Sports Pack and I would still get blackouts when I want to watch a replay of any particular game. Conversely, I'm no hockey fan and I don't subscribe to Center Ice, but I could watch all the games on Sports Pack when they were replayed -- which isn't far off from the live game. It's completely bizarre and ridiculous. We live in the Stone Age when it comes to blackouts and importing local stations.

Bottom line, I canceled Sports Pack and recommend D* to change the package name to the Blackouts Pack. You couldn't even watch local team NFL shows on Sports Pack, even though I have NFLST. CSR agreed it's absurd and tried to offer me a lower price, but I refuse to pay any price for blackouts.

6. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Yeah, it's blacked out on 215 so the Center Ice package should've opened FSN Pittsburgh for me, like it does every other game, but I'm blacked out of that and also NESN (They are playing Boston).

Game is on 3 channels and I have the Center Ice package but because I don't have Sports Pack I can't watch any of the 3 channels the game is on.

7. Dcm210

Dcm210 Godfather

Jan 17, 2009
    having NHL CI should unlock the games on those channels or you should have it on 215,I'd give DTV a call.

8. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I think you are in a fringe zone. Otherwise known as between a rock and a hard place.

I took a zip code of 17354 for Spring Grove and put it into the DirecTV RSN lookup (http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=3450006). I got that you get the Penguins on Fox Sports Pitt *if* you have the Sports Pack.

That makes you a blackout on the NHL Network because you are within the market, even if the fringe of it. The game was not on Center Ice (NHL Network games are not) so that would not open the game for you. If you had the Sports Pack, you would have gotten the Penguins feed but not the Bruins as you are in the fringe Penquins market and the game was not on CI anyway (if I were to watch the game down in Maryland, I would get the NHL Network feed, whatever that was).

9. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    cubs and dodgers, that happened to me, it even happened to me in NHL CI between 2 teams not in my market.

Reason is if you have purchased a sports package, they dont start until reg season.

Unless you are in that market the preseason will be blacked out.

I gurantee you that when these 2 teams play in reg if you have mlb EI you will get the broadcast. Plus with a paid subscription you will be able to watch the actual FSN PRIME TICKET channel thats what 670 something.

which is cool, thats one thing i noticed. is that the sports package that you subscribe to it also unlocks the games in the sportspack channels. so yo udont have to go to the mlb EI channels its an option

10. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Im not in the Yankees or Rays market, and that game want blacked out, nor was the Indians game. There is no making sense of these blackouts. Im really considering canceling MLBEI, since I just know they will black out the Cardinals (since Im in their claimed territory).

11. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    MLBEI has NOTHING to do with Spring Training. Most of the games I have seen this spring, when not an Orioles or Nationals broadcast, have been games on the MLB channel.

You should get Cardinal games if you have the Sports Pack. You are in the fringe area. (See http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=3450006) If all you want are the Cardinals, then EI is a waste for you.

12. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Got it, don't like it, but got it....LOL

Thanks!!

13. colebert

colebert Legend

Aug 19, 2007

They won't blackout your Cardinals games. If you get the Sports Pack you can watch Cardinals games on FSN:MW. Here in Arkansas we have two RSNs... FSN:SW (Rangers & Astros) and FSN:MW (Cardinals & Royals.) In situations with two RSNs, D* will give you one in your base package. The other you have to pay for in Sports Pack. D* has decided FSN:SW is our freebie RSN so you have to get Sports Pack for the other.

Once you get Sports Pack you can watch the Cardinals home feed without EI since you are entitled to watch them since you are in-market. But be mindful of the fact that Sunday cards games are often shown OTA in St Louis and D* doesn't carry them. In the past, KKYK in Little Rock has carried them but they are now defunt and it wasn't a sure thing they would do it anyway. Maybe someone else will pick them up, but it's doubtful.

We will always be blacked out of away feeds for our home market teams. EI won't solve that problem.

14. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    For some reason I am being blacked out of Pittsburgh games. I was watching the Pirates-Yankees preseason game the other day on MLB Network and about 45 mins into the game, it was blacked out. I am in neither the Yankees or Pirates territory. I sub to MLB EI and do not sub to SportsPack.

Last nights Pens-Bruins game was blacked out on NESN, FSN Pittsburgh, and NHL Network. I am not in the Bruins or Pens territories, and I do sub to NHL CI.

If I did have Sportspack, FSN Pittsburgh would become one of my RSNs, but I do not sub to Sportspack.

I think someone screwed up.