1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank DVD Recommendation

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by kevinturcotte, Nov 7, 2009.

1. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    I need a blank DVD recommendation. I usually prefer Verbatim, but they don't seem to make what I want. I need it to be a DVD-R DL with a Lightscribe printable surface.

2. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Does it have to be a DVD-R? I don't think anyone makes a DVD-R DL Lightscribe. However, Verbatim does make a DVD+R DL Lightscribe. Part #96689, in 10-packs and 50-packs.

They're not cheap - about $2.50 per disk. Making a coaster would be a painful experience. :eek2:

Keith

3. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    I was under the impression that DVD-R was more compatible with players/readers though?

4. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    -R is more compatible...in the past (pretty much any player made in the last few years will play both +R and -R)...but is the inferior technology. +R is better for longevity and performance. Really though you would be hard pressed to tell the difference in most circumstances.

This list is helpful for where to buy media:
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/buy-blank-discs.htm

I like SuperMediaStore and Meritline personally.

Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are my top picks (I like TY particularly, but they dont make lightscribe disks). Your lightscribe requirement makes it tough as the prices are a lot higher and they dont make many lightscribe DL disks.

5. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Ditto

6. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    I have never seen a DL lightscribe disk of either type, although I haven't bought any blank DVDs in a couple years or so.