1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blinking Leds

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Chapper, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 6, 2007 #1 of 12
    Chapper

Chapper Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    Good afternoon! I´m trying to install a HR20 with its slim line 5 LB dish. I already installed the dish so I am trying to allign it. I took out the HR20 from its new box and conected it to the tv via HDMI.

I turned on (without conecting it to the lnb´s, just to see the azimuth steps as the manual says, by entering the zip code...) on the screen it appeared a D* logo and it was trying to read Satellite singal...step 1 of 2...it also says "this process can take some minutes". When it finishes, the leds for the resolution indicator start blinking from left to right for infinite times. After a few minutes, my tv changes the screen and says "no signal" and the screen with the D* logo disappear and the blinking leds continue to roll from left to right.

What can it be?

I can´t see the azimuth, elevation and tilt screen because the HR20 stays in the blinking or rolling leds for the resolution. I made a reset, with the button, and it happened the same. Also I have inserted the access card.

Thank you for your time, I hope we can solve this.

Regards

2. Aug 6, 2007 #2 of 12
    HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    First...post your ZIP here... someone will check and post back the results you need.

You may want to use componenet connections first. Some sets don't like the handshaking and resolution w/ the HR20 upon startup. Once you run thru setup you can restart the box w/ HDMI and probably be OK.

What model set do you have?

3. Aug 6, 2007 #3 of 12
    veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I think it's locked into trying to find the SAT signal and until it does, it won't give you what you need. The blinking lights are it cycling through the resolutions.
    Maybe try the red button reset under the access card door to see if it will help.

Also try using the composite [RCA] cable for the TV.

4. Aug 6, 2007 #4 of 12
    veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    needs software update I'd bet, but connecting through S-Video/composite should work for setup.

5. Aug 6, 2007 #5 of 12
    HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Well, I almost went back and removed most of that post. Because he did have a display at some point at the beginning. We shall see.....hopefully anyway...when he reports back. :)

6. Aug 6, 2007 #6 of 12
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    The cascading resolution lights can be part of a regular startup as well. Just because they're doing that doesn't mean there's a problem.

7. Aug 6, 2007 #7 of 12
    Chapper

Chapper Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    My Zip code is 78502

And my box is: HR20-700 HD DVR

I should try first by just connecting it via RCA and see if it works in that way.

veryoldschool wrote: "I think it's locked into trying to find the SAT signal and until it does, it won't give you what you need"

So you are suggesting to conect the reciever to the lnb´s?:confused: In the manual it says that it´s not necesary to be conected to the lnb´s to enter to the screens...:confused:

Thank you for helping me! I will post my results.

8. Aug 6, 2007 #8 of 12
    veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    Elevation: 59.3
    Azimuth: 186.2
    "true north" from here: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/customer/dishPointer.jsp
    I'd connect the dish & then reboot.

9. Aug 6, 2007 #9 of 12
    houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Also if you want to see the sat signal meters just hit menu when it starts checking sats.. you can then get to the signal meters from there..

10. Chapper

Chapper Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    Thank you for your answers...

I eliminate the connection via HDMI, and connected through RCA cables and all worked just fine. Maybe there´s an issue between the output resolution from the HR20 and the input resolution in my tv. But that I will examine it after I can set up the HR20 correctly (for these steps I will use RCA cables only).

Once again thank you and now my problem is on the allignment I can only get signal from 101 sat and 110...but I will start reading the forums to see if someone has the same problem.

thanks, regards!

11. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Some TV's do not support a 480x resolution via the HDMI input. If that is the case on our TV, you probably ran into it. When an HR20 is booting up, it 's outpput seems to be using the 480x resolution.

12. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    I would look at the tilt setting. If it's off then you can "nail" 101 and see a drop off on 110 and more for 119.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.