1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Blockbuster Channels Ala Carte

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by gator749, Apr 23, 2013.

1. gator749

gator749 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    I don't have any use for the Blockbuster movies or most of the channels. However, I want Velocity (364) but don't want to pay $10/month for the rest of the stuff. Dish, so far, says pay up or else. Direct includes Velocity on even the lower-end packages so I may have to switch. Any chance that Dish will make this channel available separately? Switching is a pain, but I'll do what it takes.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Doubtful. Channels do move around in packages from time to time as negotiations happen... but I wouldn't expect the channel to go a la carte any time soon.

3. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Check out ch 5710 ;)

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I would swear I remember hearing, incidentally, about a couple of channels that had moved from the Blockbuster Movie Package to one of the AT packages... but I don't watch Velocity so I honestly can't remember if it was one of those.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Correct ... Velocity is back in AT120 - so it should be available to all - even without the BB&Home package.

6. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Since velocity is now in AT 120 I wonder if the OP only has SD equipment? When Velocity (or whatever it used to be called) was in the HD pack anyone with an HD receiver got it on the "test" channel sans guide data.

7. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003

8. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    The movies in Blockbuster are great, but the other channels arn't that good.