1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blockbuster free 30 day trial for existing Top 250 customer?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by hoophead, Oct 19, 2011.

1. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    I heard of it but cannot find it...

2. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    I have not heard of it, for new subscribers, yes. But, it can't hurt to call (or do an online chat, or ask a rep here) and ask.

3. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    If you would PM me, I can provide information to you about the Blockbuster Movie Pass. Thanks.

4. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I just got a "Thank You" letter from E* announcing that I'm now getting the "EPIX" pack (I did not know there was a separate EPIX pack) free for 3 months.

No mention of Blockbuster and the rest of the BBMP channels are still in the red.

I have Top-250 HD.

5. bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    Which are the BBMP channels? I don't see any, red or otherwise.

6. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
  7. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I've had 292 and some of the others for a long time. 380 and 381 are still red though.

8. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Hey, when did they pull Hallmark Movie Channel out of the top 250??? I could have sworn it was a part of my 250 package. Encore Suspense, too was in 250.

Or are they putting the same channels into different packages? Well they must be, it's true for EPIX.

9. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    So what's the difference it "Epix Pack" and "Platinum" and "BB"? Sure hope this doesn't mean Platinum is going to $7 on top of the $10 BB fee... aren't all those movie channels still part of Platinum (now BB)?

10. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    The Epix package has Epix 1, 2, and 3 in the package (a-la-carte package), which is $7 per month. DISH Platinum, which is now called Blockbuster Movie Pass, has 23 channels in the package, which has Epix 1 and 2 included in the package. This package is $10 per month. Epix 3 is also included with America's Top 250 package and above. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

11. dishman1999

dishman1999 Registered User

Sep 26, 2011
    why isn't all the hd in the top 250 and they should take all the movies from HBO and all the higher packet like showtime and put that in the movie pass?

12. tampa8

Mar 30, 2002
    I don't get what HBO or Showtime has to do with the Blockbuster Movie Pass Package? What would make you think HBO or Showtime would allow them to be put in that package, for $10? No one wants them in that package, it would cost about $35 or more.

13. dishman1999

dishman1999 Registered User

Sep 26, 2011
    what does Mav-tv have too do with movies and Palladia and World fishing network those are not Movie channels HBO has tons of Movies on it and so does showtime those two make sense to have it on Blockbuster movie pass the other don't! and being on the blockbuster movie pass for both give them Showtime and HBO rights at blockbuster for opening movies that means HBO and showtime both can have a spot at blockbuster and those company want there movies seen not just sit in the dark where no one seen what they are showing! i know tons of people that don't have showtime or HBO because the price is too high this lowers the price and let HBO and showtime get viewers!

14. bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    Thanks, Coolman. I've had all those channels for a while, since I have top 250 and Platinum.

15. tampa8

Mar 30, 2002
    I guess I don't understand why you think HBO, one of the most or the most subscribed to premium channel, that charges $16 now, would go into a package that costs $10, and that is for all the channels there now. They would get nothing. No one wants them in that package to raise the price, if they wanted HBO they would get it. The biggest selling point is the price of the package. You are suggesting to have HBO and Showtime, Blockbuster renting and streaming, and whatever other "higher packet" (your words) in that package. Sure, for the price of around $52.

For $10 people get blockbuster blu-ray or DVD, or games, free to rent as many as you want a month (one at a time), stream movies, if a store is in your area, use the store for free, watch several movie channels, and some other entertainment channels. It has become an extremely popular add on. I just don't see what HBO or the others has to do with that kind of package.

By the way, the package you seem to be describing exists already. For $42 you can get all the premium movie channels.

16. bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
  17. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    If you have a 922 and "the everything" package you get nothing........

18. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Kind of the same reason Netflix dropped Starz... so they could do streaming for $8. But for $2 more with Dish, you get 23 channels, many good HD movie channels, AND streaming of most of the channels you subscribed to, AND at least 8 newer DVD's per month (if not 10-15), no postage, no gas. I expect Dish to do the old "bait and switch Netflix type spin-off" someday, and start charging for some of this separately. Take advantage while available!

19. tampa8

Mar 30, 2002
    Yes you do, you get all the premium movie channels.

20. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003