1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blockbuster to Test Subscriptions

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Charles Oliva, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Charles Oliva

Charles Oliva Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
  2. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Blockbuster doesn't carry OAR movies when cropped versions are available. Therefore I don't rent from them (or any other rental chain). I only buy movies 'cuz then I can get the whole movie

3. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I think it's a great idea but Blockbuster will probably lack the one thing that makes Netflix better. A rental queue. When you put something on the queue, you can forget about it until it reaches your mailbox. With Blockbuster, you are victim to whatever is in the store at the time you show up.

The other thing that might happen is that the selection of movies will dip because people will keep them longer. Netflix has that same problem.

4. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    Why doesn't Blockbuster just hand you a prepaid mailer to return your movie? That's sort of the best of Blockbuster (go to the store and pick out the movie) combined with the best of Netflicks (don't have to worry about slugging back to the video store with returns).