1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Blockbuster

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mwdxer, Jan 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I have ordered a Roku LT for streaming. I get the Blockbuster package with Dish, which I will continue to keep. Will I beable to stream Blockbuster with the Roku for free, since I have Blockbuster through Dish? It will be much easier than watching Blockbuster on the computer since I do not have a TV with an HDMI connection. Thanks.

2. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    I could while I had the Blockbuster package using a Roku.

3. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Last time I tried it wouldn't work. Unless it changed, blockbuster thru the roku is different than blockbuster thru dish network.

4. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Thanks. That is interesting, as Blockbuster I believe is now owned by Dish, if I remember correctly.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    You remember correctly, but the DISH presentation of Blockbuster includes live linear channels available via the DISH satellite service (channels that used to be sold as HD Platinum). The downloadable/streaming content in that service is available on DISH receivers.

6. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    If Roku doesn't work, what was the point of passing them out when we lost AMC?

7. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    How about the rest of the streaming services like that require a "cable" subscription, if we have them with Dish, does that mean they will work with Roku for free?

8. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    HBO Go works.

9. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    HBO go works as does epix. They gave out the rokus and i believe a 6 or 7 dollar a month credit so you could see the missing amc shows on hulu plus.or amazon.