1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Blu Ray & Universal Codes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by freeX4Xall, Jan 28, 2013.

1. freeX4Xall

freeX4Xall New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    I recently purchased a Blu Ray player for the first time but am not unfamiliar with the Blu Ray tecnhology at all. Main reason, a lot of movies that I enjoy are not and probably will never be licensed to Netflix & Hulu Plus, particularly Star Wars.

Main reason for posting (and after moderate research) and cannot find codes for my Blu Ray player and universal remote.

I will give the exact model number of my universal remote and blu ray player, both considered low end/low budget in the home entertainment category.

Universal Remote: Vizio 3 Device Univ. Remote - Model No: XRU110

Blu Ray Player: Sony Blu Ray - Model: S-185

In my manual they list everything but Blu Ray, however they do list Sony Laser Disc codes.... I've also attempted to use some codes that were given but just the fact that my "universal" remote isn't the best, I wouldn't be surprised that they wouldn't be compatible.

Any suggested codes and/or know of codes to program?

2. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Same request over in Blu-raay hardware. Give the OT answers there.