1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue light not dimming after update

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by leadout_kv, Mar 9, 2010.

1. leadout_kv

leadout_kv Mentor

Nov 4, 2006
    Hello All,

I noticed that my HR20-700 updated at around 4:45am this morning (3/9/2010). Well, when I got up from bed and attempted to dim/turn off the blue light the light will not turn off. I usually press both left and right buttons at the same time on the receiver but this time nothing. It used to work. I have a hard time believing that the update caused the dimming function to stop but it appears so.

Anyone have this same problem?

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Make sure you are not on an interactive channel (ESPN, for example).

3. leadout_kv

leadout_kv Mentor

Nov 4, 2006
    Ah, you know what. I think I was on ESPN. :lol:

You're probably wondering why I'm saying...I think? Well, its because the TV was still off since the wifey was still sleeping. I was trying to dim the light with the tv off and the receiver on. I think I remember the channel being on ESPN before I turned it off last night. Ha! I'll try it again tonight when I get home from work. Thanks hilmar2k :)

4. JayDog08

JayDog08 Mentor

Jan 31, 2008
    I have in past. Also try holding down the left and while holding it down press the right. Avoids the issue of having to hit them at the same exact time.