1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

BlueTooth Volume control request

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by BillM, Jan 24, 2014.

1. BillM

BillM Mentor

Apr 27, 2005
    I got a new Bluetooth speaker for Christmas, and it pairs nicely with my Hopper with Sling. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a volume control (apparently it was designed to be used with a smart phone), and since the Hopper doesn't control volume either, it blasts at high volume, making it useless. It would be great to have a volume control for a Bluetooth device in the Hopper control for Bluetooth.

Thanks,

Bill

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Adjusting volume in the digital domain is far from trivial and support must be built into the hardware. DISH receivers have hardware in them to level the audio levels but I'm not sure it is set up to work in conjunction with an adjustable volume control.

I suspect that you need to look at modifications to (or replacing) the speakers where things can be done without tinkering with data streams.

Such is not to say that adjusting the volume level at the receiver level isn't possible, I just don't think it is practical compared to using a conventional sound system (one with a volume control that works at or downstream of the D-A converters).