1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bob Newhart finally wins Emmy

Discussion in 'The OT' started by dpeters11, Sep 16, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Well deserved.
    [​IMG]

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    And long overdue. Congrats Mr. Newhart.

4. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
  5. Starchild

Starchild Legend

Sep 4, 2007
    I couldn't be happier. One of my all time favorites. And his guest spot on Big Bang Theory was so him!

6. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Certainly about time! He has been one of my favorites since I first saw him on the Ed Sullivan show, doing his telephone routines. A brilliantly funny man.

7. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I had a friend - make than an associate - who was an absolute riot to listen to on the phone. Here is one side of a real phonecall I once heard,

(Ernest returns call to vendor's credit manager, Bob)

"Hi, Bob? Ernest, here! Bob, about these late payments, what can we work out?"

(Inaudible)

"Not much? That's good, Bob. That's right to the point. I admire your candor.

"Bob, things have been going a little slow here recently, but we're anticipating a strong third quarter. I think that, under the circumstances, a substantial partial payment would constitute a showing of good faith on our part. Would you take half?"

(Inaudible)

"You wouldn't. Well. lets approach this from another perspective. What would you consider to be an amount that would constitute a good faith effort on our part to resolve this matter?"

(Inaudible)

"Now really Bob, I think that 'payment in full' is a bit much under the circumstances..."

Ernest had no peer on the telephone. He could out charm and outlast anybody.

8. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Award for a cameo on BBT? :scratch:

Sounds like an "Oops, we almost overlooked your lifetime of comedy" award.

9. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    It was hardly a cameo. He was the central plot point for an episode - a heavily promoted guest appearance as well.

10. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Right, the astronauts and scientists that have appeared were cameos as was Brent Spiner. Newhart was not.