1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bonds' Trainer Says He Gave Steriods To Baseball Players

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by John Corn, Feb 17, 2004.

1. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Greg Anderson sings like a canary! It'll all come out soon enough.When/if Barry gets fingered as a steriod cheater, the 73 HR mark should carry an asterix. :eek2:

2. mgusler

mgusler Mentor

Aug 6, 2002
    This has been coming on for years. Does anyone really believe Mark McGuire wasn't juiced up when he got his 70? I've always felt he saw the writing on the wall and left early to avoid scandal.

As for Bonds, its telling to recollect that his buddy Sheffield went to train with him prior to last season and came home after only a couple of weeks saying something like "It might work OK for Barry, but I have to do my own thing". Its unfortunate, but I believe people will be hugely surprised to learn how widespread the problem is. Any wagers on how many players are juiced up? I'd figure ~30 to 40 %.

Sad, baseball is a great game, just run by greedy idiots :(

Marty

3. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Just so there is no misunderstand, as I have always said...

I believe Bonds when he said that he has never taken steroids, but...

If it does come out that he isn't telling the truth, he is done in my book.

As for the record book, it can't be changed and it shouldn't. Steroids or not, there was no testing so baseball should live with such a black eye of a record that was ill gotten.

Attached Files: