1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Bookmark Deleting

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tvwillie, Aug 22, 2012.

Deleting a bookmark

1. Deleting a bookmark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Deleting a bookmark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tvwillie

tvwillie New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I know how to create a bookmark using the "green" button in "pause" mode, but has anyone figured out how to delete a bookmark.

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Unfortunately I think that was removed. If I remember right, it used to be yellow.

3. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Not sure how to work the poll.

This one's a near and dear loss for me. It used to be a yellow button pop up function. You would arrow down to "jump to bookmark" hit select and see the list of bookmarks of the recording you were in (which were time-stamped) and then double-dash the unwanted ones. You could also navigate directly to any bookmark position in the recording by highlighting the bookmark and selecting. Extremely handy for jumping from one end of the recording instantly to the other and back again (especially long recordings), without having to do the clumsy tickmark navigating that we're now left with. The list would stay on the screen until you were done with it, then exit by yellow or exit button.

There's no sign that this feature will ever be brought back, so put your bookmarks in carefully, because you will be stuck with them.