1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boolean search doesn't pickup any showings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mrphil, Apr 24, 2014.

1. mrphil

mrphil Cool Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Trying to setup advanced auto-record search for either Million Dollar Listing / Million Dollar Listing New York on Ch 237. Neither or these are being picked up in the series manager. Here's what my keyword search contains:

AALL MILLION DOLLAR LISTING CCHAN 237

I've also tried just the New York version since only new episodes are desired and the latter are all reruns at the moment:

AALL MILLION DOLLAR LISTING NEW YORK CCHAN 237

(After doing the keyword search, selecting auto-record, followed by new only)

(There was a new episode on last night (23rd) and another one coming on the evening of the 30th)

This is being performed on an HR44/500 running 0x808.

I have several other Boolean searches, all of which work fine.

Can anyone comment on what I might be doing wrong?

2. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Could be because CCHAN should be CCHANS. I'd try:

million dollar listing CCHANS 237

That will only match the exact phrase "million dollar listing".

or you could just try: million dollar listing TTITLE

3. mrphil

mrphil Cool Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Not based upon this doc: http://hr20.dbstalk.com/docs/Advanced%20Search%20FAQ.pdf

I'm also using that command (CCHAN) on other shows, which all work fine. I'm also wanting to limit the recording to just that channel, and not 'new' broadcasts which might show up on other networks.

For example: AALL ST LOUIS CARDINALS LIVE CCHAN 671 672

selects all live Cardinals games on 671 (Fox Sports Midwest) as well as any of their other games on alternate channels when, say, Blues Hockey is being broadcast on 671, and the baseball game is on 671-1. (Fox Sports Midwest Plus)

4. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I'm pretty sure CCHAN was was changed to CCHANS since that FAQ was published. I remember editing this post at the time of the change. I'm not sure why your existing CCHAN search continues to work. They may have somehow "grandfathered" the old searches.

If you can give CCHANS a try, let us know if it works. If it does, maybe we can get that FAQ updated.

5. mrphil

mrphil Cool Member

Dec 11, 2011
    My bad...In checking all my recordings, I am using CCHAN for a single channel, which works fine on all except this example, and CCHANS for multiple or group of channels like 671 672 which covers all channels in between. I will however try your suggestion and report back. It sometimes takes overnight to populate so I'll report back tomorrow. Thanks

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  7. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    All your boolean searches should use CCHANS whether its 1 channel or a range of channels, no matter what. Some of us have been here doing this for many many years....you'll rarely ever get steered wrong by many of the frequent posters on this website.

8. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Go to the link in my signal and you will find a much much more update FAQ on booleans. ;)

And are you saying you set it and left it and it did not record? Or you set it and you haven't seen it populate yet?

Also are you sure it was high enough up your prioritized to not be a loser in a conflict with other shows?

As how many other booleans do you have set including sports searches via the genie sports search function?

9. mrphil

mrphil Cool Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I double flushed the guide and setup a new search recommended by Steve MILLION DOLLAR LISTING TTITLE and that one appears to be working, populating with 2 new showings, the 30th and the following Wed as well.

I think it would help others if the FAQ was updated to show CCHANS.

I left the previous search set and it did not record. There were no other shows on at the time to prevent recording. Out of 95 in the series list, 12 of those are Boolean searches. All of those with upcoming shows have been populating properly.

Thanks to all those who commented!

10. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    strange I swear that had been updated. I'll do it when I have a chance later next week. I think when I updated something else recently I did It with the old form. Sorry about that...

Sounds like everything else is doing good for you, so it was probably the cchans which means everyone needs to make sure and get rid of older cchan if they still have them. Also could have been bad guide data. That does screwy things to sometimes...

11. mrphil

mrphil Cool Member

Dec 11, 2011
    No problem.....that help file is a nice reference tool. I plan on redoing several of my searches, including some consolidation when I get time to free up some space.