1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Boosting Cellular Reception

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by kevinturcotte, May 29, 2013.

1. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    Right now I'm relying only my Android phone (Droid 4) for ALL of my internet. Reception here is horrible though. If I leave the phone in the window, it grabs a 3G signal, but I get around 600kbps for speed. If I'm holding the phone, I get almost no signal at all, almost like dial up speed (Probably on 2G at that point?). I'm wondering if there's anything I can do, maybe through rooting or something, to increase the reception it gets? This would have to be free though, I can't afford those Wilson Electronics systems or anything. Is there maybe someway to increase the antenna's sensitivity or something?

2. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    I use a "ZBoost" repeater. Much less expensive than Wilson and works great. Solid Signal carries them and are about $200.00.