1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borrowing neighbors DirecTV account? Can they find out?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ch612, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 7, 2007 #1 of 11
    ch612

ch612 New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Well actually I own the neighbors house that is being rented. Here's my hypothetical....

I own the house down the block I rent. Say I suspend that account or cancel it. Then I add those former boxes to my home account as seperate rooms. :rolleyes:

...hmmm I don't condone this but is it feasible? I don't think they can find out.

any thoughts.

2. Sep 7, 2007 #2 of 11
    purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
    If you don't condone it, why are you asking?

3. Sep 7, 2007 #3 of 11
    vertigo235

vertigo235 Godfather

Mar 18, 2007
    Sure they could find, out. Someone could tell them.

Are you wondering if the Sattelite can soom in and see? Then no, they won't find out like that.

But it's still not within the agreement and thus would be stealing I guess.

4. Sep 7, 2007 #4 of 11
    Ken984

Ken984 Active Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Bossier...
    If you canceled the other account the boxes are deactivated so it won't matter what you do with them, unless of course they are leased boxes then D* will want them back.

5. Sep 7, 2007 #5 of 11
    ch612

ch612 New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Yeah that's true. Forget I asked.

6. Sep 7, 2007 #6 of 11
    ch612

ch612 New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    You know this wouldn't be such a big issue with me if it wasn't that Directv (in my humble opinion) is such a bad value. The HD programming....yes...very good....but I feel that the prices aren't justified. Most of those movie channels show the same old movies over and over again.

Just add them to the list of overprice oligopolist....like the cell phone companies, cable companies, etc....

7. Sep 7, 2007 #7 of 11
    rjdude

rjdude Legend

Mar 8, 2005
    If you suspend or cancel that account and then add the receivers to your account, what are you doing wrong: nothing. If you are adding them to your account but keeping them at the other address (i.e. a rental "perk"), and worse, you get "subsidized" for it, then you know exactly what you are doing.

8. Sep 7, 2007 #8 of 11
    Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Since this questionable question has been asked, answered, and described as outside the permitted use of the agreement with DIRECTV, I'm going to close this thread.

Cheers,
    Tom

9. Sep 7, 2007 #9 of 11
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    There are multiple ways that they "could" find out, so to say they couldn't would be false.

And with that... I am closing the thread.

As it discussion on a topic, that is a blantent violation of the DirecTV Usage agreement.

10. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    If the receivers are leased, closing the account will start a return box cycle. If they are owned, you can transfer the receivers from any account to another.

Cheers,
    Tom

11. LMUBill

LMUBill Mentor

Jul 10, 2007
    What movies? I subscribed to HBO and Showtime so I can watch movies in HD on those channels and allI get are boxing, Meadowlands, Weed, Californication, John from Cincinnati, Entourage, etc. Maybe a movie every now and then. :mad:

Although you are right... it is usually the same movie over and over. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.