1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston PBS WGBH2 in HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by CapeCodder, Jan 24, 2009.

1. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Legend

Mar 19, 2008
    Looks like GBH2 is now broadcasting in HD (GBH2 HD logo has popped up on bottom of the screen) but Dtv is not taking an HD feed from them. We're still getting SD/480. :confused:

2. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    It's not in HD as of yet, what you are seeing is the bug that they put up from time to time.

3. jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000 Hall Of Fame

Feb 15, 2007
    Manchester NH
    they are carrying the digital channel 2.2 which is 480i sd:(

I'm still waiting for the Hd(2.1) feed to be added myself
    The wife wanits the antenna in the walk-up attic gone the day ch 2 in HD is added
    Back when they had the DTV test D* was still carrying the old anaolg feed and ch2 failed,the LRF in sommerville was recently upgraded.
    They are carrying WMUR-DT but its 480I sd as well.
    The last test done last week channels 2,9&11 now pass

4. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    In some areas they are picking up the HD signal, but down-converting to 480i for the SD version of the channel. KCTS 9 in Seattle shows HD on the logo but Directv hasn't started carrying the station in HD yet. They added a bunch of PBS stations (in both large and small markets) in HD late last year and I suspect we will see more soon.

5. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Legend

Mar 19, 2008
    I should have added that the president of GBH2 was on a local program (Greater Boston) a couple of weeks ago along with the president of Boston's WCVB Channel 5 and admitted that the station (GBH) doesn't have any HD cameras yet. (Do I hear another "special" campaign for donations coming?") WCVB has had pretty much 100% local HD content for a least a year now (in fact, I think, long before its ABC network went HD). That said, that's no reason the GBH programs in HD content from other sources shouldn't be available. D* should get to their HD feed.

6. InterMurph

InterMurph AllStar

Dec 18, 2007
    Actually, WGBH has all of their HD programming on 2.2, while 2.1 is all standard-def.

I finally figured this out after recording the Antiques Roadshow on 2.1 for a year. One day my wife tried to tune to 2.1 and got 2.2 instead, and there it was in glorious HD.

7. jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000 Hall Of Fame

Feb 15, 2007
    Manchester NH
    OTA: 2.1 is HD, 2.2 is SD

Comcrap in town 2.1 non existant 2.2 HD (no box)
    channel 2 with box SD channel 802 with box HD
    Strange how comcast has remapped this