1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought off the truck

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by 4DThinker, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4DThinker

4DThinker Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    I had a direcTV installer here doing a free upgrade for HD including a new dish and one H20 receiver. I had been told by DirecTV that the HR20s were backordered and I was on a wait list for one.

I noticed the installer had several boxes in his cab, so I walked up and took a close look. Sure enough there was a HR20 sitting there unopened.

I asked the installer if that HR20 was spoken for, as I'd tried to get one. I told him I'd buy it from him if it was available. He called his supervisor then got back to me that I'd need to call DirecTV to get a job number so they could get paid. I called DirecTV and explained that the installer who was at my house HAD an HR20 and would be happy to install it if they'd give him a new job number. I suggested it would be far more convenient to have everything installed on this one visit than to make them come back again to install a "backordered" HR20. They took my money, then gave me a number to give to the installer.

Now I just wish DirecTV wouldn't steal HD bandwidth from their HD package to serve NFL HD channels on Sundays.

2. notme

notme Cool Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Welcome to the world of beta testing.:eek2:

3. mckeemike505

mckeemike505 AllStar

May 11, 2006
    I now have 3 HR20's and haven't had a problem in months so not everyone is beta testing some of us just have good luck I guess:hurah:

Mike

4. bobojay

bobojay Godfather

Jan 26, 2004
    One RBR here in last 6 weeks.......

5. pappys

pappys Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Ok, I am glad you did this the legal way. My brother in law is a D* installer and HE couldn't even give me one. He said they can swap any equipment on their truck at any time EXCEPT the HR20's. He said he would be charged 1k if he did it.

6. andbye

andbye AllStar

Aug 23, 2006
    With the NFL seasson upcoming; what is a reasonable request for some amount of Sunday ticket discount. I am already committed for 2yrs and am getting credits on my account for $15 per month as a trade off for a second HR20 . Should I ask for some months of free HD package or for credits of greater value? Any suggestion? I am a long time automatic pay subscriber with 5 receivers and a fair amount of programming; including Sun ticket and Superfan for the last 3 yrs.

HR10-250 and HR20-700 on SXRD60 Sony
    HR10-100 on Toshiba 34 CRT HDTV
    R-10 and DVR80 on SD TVs

7. glennb

glennb Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    New customers usually get the best deals.

8. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    The only thing you may get is SUPER FAN for free. I don't think you can get any other discount for getting SUNDAY TICKET. I have never got anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.