DBSTalk Forum banner

Boxee Box Research -$75

738 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  VC-SF 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

First, I realize this is a bit of gray area on asking this here. If it's a problem, I'm happy to close and delete the thread. Full disclosure, I am not related or affiliated with Boxee, the developers or anyone else on the Boxee team, nor is this a scam, spam or other nefarious plot.

I'm looking for a few Boxee Box owners to take part in a study about internet connected TVs. We've found plenty of Roku people and some AppleTV and Logitech Revue people, but not a single Boxee user. I've used Boxee on my Mac in the past and know it's slick, so I'm a bit shocked we haven't found anyone with the actual Boxee Box yet. At this point, we're about to give up and just move ahead with only the other devices. I'd hate Boxee to not be represented though.

All it involves is a 30-45 minute phone chat about how you use Boxee and what you like or don't like about it. For your time, you get $75 in either a Visa gift card or Amazon credit. There's no list to sign up for, nothing to join and there shouldn't be any reason we'd want to contact you again. The only "catch" is that you can't work in the tech industry.

If you're interested, please do not put your email address or phone number in this thread! Send me a PM with your contact info. Again, don't post it here or bad guys can get it. We're only looking for a few people and my manager is pushing to cut Boxee and move on, so PM sooner rather than later if you're interested.

What will happen is my colleague Amy will contact you to set up the actual interview time and ask a few screening questions to make sure you qualify. The actual interview is pretty casual, no pressure or stress, and completely confidential.

You only have my word to go on, but I promise this isn't a scam or spam. I'm an independent researcher doing a project on internet connected TVs and would like to include some Boxee owners. If you're interested, awesome! I think you'll find it fun. If not, no problem, sorry to waste your time reading this. Mods, if this is completely prohibited, I apologize and understand about closing the thread.

Take care!
-Sean

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.