1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

boxes not connected to internet or phone

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DrA, Jul 3, 2013.

1. DrA

DrA AllStar

Oct 25, 2006
    I have no phone service. I order a movie on line on my computer and before all my receivers used to show the movie. But now the receiver not connected show blue screen urging to connect and I can't get rid of it. How can I clear this? I can switch the box to a room that has internet to get updated.
    How long the update takes?
    How long after update the unconnected to internet receiver work without that blue screen for ppv?

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I suspect that if you don't have a phone line or internet to the box, the box needs to upload the PPV items you watched. I don't think the upload will take more than a few minutes. But that's a guess.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Which type of movie did you order? Some movies need (not PPV) to be downloaded via Internet connection