1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

BPL games on yesterday and today?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by awalt, Jan 29, 2014.

1. awalt

awalt Legend

Jul 30, 2007
    I am still getting used to the new lineup, with BPL games on multiple channels...were the midweek games of yesterday and today all on somewhere? I believe I only saw Liverpool-Everton on 220.

Thanks!

2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Chelsea vs West Ham United on now on 491.
    Sunderland vs Stoke City 492.
    Aston Villa vs West Bromwich Albion on 493.

1 person likes this.
  3. awalt

awalt Legend

Jul 30, 2007
    Doh! Forgot about the 490s. I was checking in the 700s. Thanks!

4. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    For some reason, people think my idea of having all the sports channels together is a bad one. I bet most customers have no idea there is free soccer and rugby in the 479 to 495 range. The scattering of sports channels throughout the system is just illogical! Who cares if it's Spanish or English, put all the sports channels together!!!

5. kikkenit2

kikkenit2 Icon

Oct 25, 2006
    Use the search function for niche sports.

6. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Or group the channels together because the search function is quite slow...

7. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    It's kind of hard to group them together in the 700s considering the EPL, UEFA and Rugby seasons overlap the other sports used in the 700s. EPL is from August - May, Rugby is year round with various tournaments in both hemispheres, UEFA is usually Fall-May.

700-718 NFL from August - January
    700-705 various Golf and Tennis tournaments during the year
    719-749 MLB Extra Innings from April - October
    720-727 ESPN Full Court from November - March
    750-768 NBA League Pass from October - April
    769-784 NHL Center Ice from October - April
    785-787 NCAA PPV from August - December on Saturdays
    788-794 ESPN Game Plan from August - December
    795-799 used to be NASCAR Hot Pass which was discontinued last year.

MLS Direct Kick which operates from March-December used to be in the 700s range too, but it got moved to the 400s after they started providing both home and away feeds for MLB, NBA and NHL requiring more channel slots. Since UEFA (9 channels), Rugby (2 channels), and EPL (Currlently 5 channels with the potential to expand to 8) overlap the other sports as well they put them in the 400s near MLS where they target a similar audience since there's no room in the 700s to give them dedicated channel slots for the entire season.

8. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    For soccer I use the sports guide to find EPL matches. They get spread out at times and that makes it easier.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

9. davidatl14

davidatl14 Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    This!

If you can't find the channel with all the TV listings info out there from myriad of sources that list such, just not much more to say.

10. Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    +1

11. richard1428

richard1428 Cool Member

May 6, 2010
    How hard is to remember that soccer channels are in 470s 490s. Dont you have a GUIDE where you can scroll.

If you want all sports channel be together, why dont u create a favorite list with sports only

12. AngryManMLS

AngryManMLS Active Member

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    Yeah I made my own list for MLS which has ESPN1/2, NBCSN, Univision/Unimas, and the DK channels. I do wish one day DK would include both team's broadcasts as it's highly annoying to guess which one is used on a weekly basis. However for me the Revs fan it seems like DirecTV uses the CSN NE broadcast more often then not.

(Now hiding from any and all incoming "Brad Feldman is such a homer" comments)

13. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    We can only make two lists...

Fanboys....

Why is it hard to accept that Directv is not perfect? There's no reason - NONE AT ALL - that they can't re-number the channels. You've been here since 199x or 2000. Who cares? Relearn a channel number. Its just stupid to have sports scattered all over the place. Even digital cable is re-organizing to have it all together. Directv would be even BETTER with a logical channel order. Yes, I have a guide. But the guide is very cluttered with only one-line of text. Yes, I know you've never seen it any other way, so that menas I am wrong and you are right.

The HR34 Genie sucks and the guide is meh, but other than that Directv is great. Why not make it BETTER instead of accepting flaws?

14. kikkenit2

kikkenit2 Icon

Oct 25, 2006
    EJ here's the deal. Most cable companies the hd channels are a 4 digit number. At least channel 2 is channel 2 here etc.
    Dish does allow about 4 custom favorites lists so the grass may be greener...
    Fifty channels in a row all sports wouldn't be that much fun. Especially when some have almost no content.
    And what about channels that only have sports once in a while with movies most of the time etc?

And the biggest hurdle is contracts with content providers stipulate what channel they must be on.
    Directv can't just change everything around. There is no perfect channel order. This has been requested
    many times over the years. What you want isn't going to happen. Ever. So we deal with it and just
    appreciate all the sports available here. Pretty much all I watch. And I have 19 recordable tuners
    connected to 1 tv. I record it all (almost). I do agree the hr34 isn't working right lately.

15. davidatl14

davidatl14 Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    Far from a fanboy, and yes you are right D is not perfect.(Shocking I know)

I can list several areas where D could and hopefully will improve. Yet to remain on thread topic a few musings.

Grouping all the sports channels together for the "lazy and unknowing"doesn't even make the top 100 in hoped for improvements.

16. BuffaloTF

BuffaloTF Cool Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I think putting the EPL in the 490s is fine. The Champions League has been in the 480s for a long time, and they moved MLS to the 470s. But it is very easy to miss when scrolling thru the guide. I totally go blank thru the 100s and 400s.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

17. richard1428

richard1428 Cool Member

May 6, 2010
    just in case this becomes a confusion again. the EPL games that used to be on NBC Sports network will be moved to USA Network because of the olympics.

Saturday, February 8:
    Liverpool vs Arsenal, 7:45am, USA Network
    Chelsea vs Newcastle, 10am, USA Network
    Aston Villa vs West Ham, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
    Crystal Palace vs West Brom, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
    Norwich vs Man City, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
    Southampton vs Stoke, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
    Sunderland vs Hull City, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
    Swansea vs Cardiff, 12:30pm, NBC
    Sunday, February 9:
    Spurs vs Everton, 8:30am, USA Network
    Manchester United vs Fulham, 11am, USA Network