1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Braves Games on Peachtree TV

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by owensdj, Apr 13, 2009.

1. owensdj

owensdj Cool Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Is there any news on Dish picking up Atlanta Braves baseball games that air on Peachtree TV? CSS gets them so I don't know why Dish doesn't make the same deal.

2. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    At the moment, Dish only has Peachtree as a local in the Atlanta DMA.

3. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Yes, thank goodness. Of course, I pick up the games OTA.

4. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    We got a memo last week about Peachtree. Essentially what it said is that Peachtree is considered a local channel in the Atlanta DMA and Dish isn't allowed to offer it outside of that DMA. However apparantly the games that are carried on Peachtree have been offered to other local channels in other DMA's throughout the southeast, its just up to the channels in those other DMA's as to whether they want to pay to carry the games.

5. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    Here in Nashville, Comcast offers the Peachtree games and shows them on their CSS channel.

Dish could certainly show these games if they wanted to. Dish has just chosen not to pay for it.

6. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Cable companies have different/more lenient rules on locals than Dish/DirecTV.

7. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Sounds like the CSS channel pays for the right to broadcast the games and CSS is a channel unlike Dish which is a channel provider. Unless Dish plans to go into creating it's own sports channels which then could purchase programming like Braves games. I doubt you'll see Dish paying directly for Braves games, they might pay for a channel that carries the Braves games though.

8. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    It should be noted that DIRECTV does not carry Peachtree Braves Games in HD for its sports packages. Only SD.

9. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    Then why does DirecTv carry the games? Only Dish customers are left out.

10. commodore_dude

commodore_dude AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    The logical solution would be to at least offer CSS (with separate feeds for Atlanta/other baseball markets and outside Atlanta but Braves markets) on spotbeams like CST is, but it seems like neither sat provider wants to offer it.

11. fsquid

fsquid Godfather

Aug 30, 2006
    Jacksonville...
    can't you get them on the alternate channels? I get the Reds games on the alternates since I'm considered to be in their territory.

12. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    Not the Peachtree games. You just get the FSN South and SportSouth games on the main and alternate channels.

13. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Makes sense to me.

14. T_N_T

T_N_T Legend

Sep 9, 2008
    I would like to say that I would also like to see Peachtree TV Braves games on E*. Can anybody tell me why D* can get these games and E* can not? D* does not show WPCH(outside of the Atlanta market) as a full time channel, rather they only turn it on for the Braves games. The thing is if you have E* you may miss half a series if it is only two games and if it comes down to playoff time and the Braves are still in the hunt you may miss an important game because E* does not carry these games. I don't even care if its only in SD, just want the games that WPCH carries period.

15. T_N_T

T_N_T Legend

Sep 9, 2008
    BTW, to further prove that why Charlie can't get PTV up on E* as a game only channel is junk, ESPN is simulcasting the "game only" feed of PTV due to the rain delay between the Sox and Yanks. Also, tomorrows game is also on PTV so due to lack of this channel on E* we miss the whole mets series. Way to go Charlie

16. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    Maybe we will get this channel when the Braves get good again. (Man, they are depressing right now... :nono2:)

17. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Peachtree.tv isn't a superstation anymore, so Dish cannot import local Braves games. I sorely miss Ted Turner's WTCG. I started watching it in 1979.

18. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    I feel your pain. :) Maybe when we get B-Mac back.

19. T_N_T

T_N_T Legend

Sep 9, 2008
    You are missing the point, D* has the Peachtree TV games a "game only channel"(as in they only open it up for the games and then cut it off after the game is over) so why can't E* do the same?

It is channel 651 on DirecTV, it is listed in the guide as "BRVS"

I see on Comcast there is a digital channel called "CSS2HD" I just looked at the Memphis,TN Comcast Guide and it is channel 866. They show the Mets/Braves game in the guide for tonight.

20. Aransay

Aransay Icon

Jun 19, 2006
    peachtreetv siwatchabela t eh fairon hotel in banniff and lake loise watching it hee