1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Brief stutter at end of skip-forward

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JerryMeeker, Oct 19, 2010.

1. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    I’m not sure I have seen anyone report this annoyance. Like most others, I use the skip forward button to avoid watching commercials. At the end of the skip-forward, when the audio kicks back in, there will be a momentary stuttering of the sound, as if the audio is kicking back in before the skip-forward has “settled down”, if that makes any sense. This happens on all three of my DVR’s (HR21, HR23 and HR24), so I doubt it is hardware-specific.

I don’t recall this behavior until fairly recently, although I have been hearing the stuttering for at least a month now. Are there any others having this issue as well? Are there any theories about what is causing it, or how it might be fixed?

2. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    Only my HR21 exhibits this. It began with the latest software update.

3. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    +1

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Yup, the lastest update started this. Hopefully, the next update will fix it.

5. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback--I feel better now that it's not just me! It is annoying, though, that new software upgrades introduce new problems. It's kind of like Whack-A-Mole.....