1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broadband DECA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by dpeters11, May 18, 2010.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I had my install yesterday, and really didn't think of this until the tech left. My boxes were connected to the Internet. I know I could use a hub to get it connected, but should I have gotten a third DECA as part of the install to get reconnected to the Internet? I emailed DirecTV and they want $25 for it. I'll buy one if I need to, but wanted to check first.

2. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    how were you connected to the internet before?

3. mikeny

mikeny Hall Of Fame

Aug 20, 2006
    The "Broadband DECA" unit isn't out yet but now they should have connected a coax line to where you router or ethernet switch is and connected a regular DECA and a power inserter to power it. You should call them.

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yup. That is currently how they are doing things right now. I believe you need to make sure that your order is for the MRV Upgrade + Internet. That ensures that they will have an extra DECA to bridge your network to the DECA cloud.

- Merg

5. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    What he said.

You definitely shouldn't be paying anything extra, call and demand the installation be completed.

However, if scheduling another installation will be a problem (like, you have to take off work), something like this could get you going: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2459468#post2459468
    :D

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    My HR22 DECA box has a power inserter. I'll see if I can use a hub, though was using a WET610 to connect to the net.

7. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    That may be the one to power the SWiM.

8. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    How can it have a Power Inserter (unless you're talking about the SWM PI)?
    The DECA pigtail connects either to a power supply or a receiver Sat In. :confused:

9. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I need to get behind the TV to really look at it. All I know right now is I saw a splitter and a power inserter when I was starting to try to figure out why the system wasn't working after the tech left the first time. I didn't spend much time looking at that part, as that's when the wife came down and told me there wasn't a DECA on the other box.

10. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I don't mind waiting, if the Broadband DECA is somehow better then additional connections in using a regular DECA and power inserter.

Anyone got a part number and pix of this 'broadband' DECA?

11. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    The exact same function in this package:
    [​IMG]

12. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    Nope. It's the exact same device, just in prettier packaging.

13. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Yeah was on the phone last night with DirecTV. Said it was exactly the same except it's black instead of white. The color difference is them to able to tell customer which DECA is broadband when a trouble report is called in and they're assisting an customer.

So I'm trying for the third time to get DECA install for my router tomorrow afternoon.