1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Power button on 722

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by eddieras, Feb 26, 2009.

1. eddieras

eddieras Godfather

Aug 30, 2007
    i had a black box from where PIP was - i tried swapping tuners and changing channels but it wasn't working properly- so i pressed the power button for a reset. i walked away and came back and it still was not rebooted. i went to look at the power button and it was completely recessed in the machine! i unplugged and tried to wiggle it out - to no avail. i plugged back in and nothing.
    anyone see this before? the mode button was always a bit sticky but i didn't think much of it cause i rarely change the mode. i have the protection plan but i'd hate to go thru getting a new machine - this one was a replacement for another 722 that died about 6 mos ago.

what'd you guys think? do they ever send out a tech to take a look at the machine first and try to fix it? i was just going to call but i'm leaving the house in 10 minutes and don't have the time - so i thought i'd post here and call in the am.

thanks!

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Dish's receivers are all made with a removable front plastic "nose"/"face" on the metal chassis. Sometimes a corner can come loose, or the plastic hook breaks, allowing the buttons to become loose or misaligned as yours has. It can be fixed with a bit of careful work, but if you have any doubts, I'd leave it alone.

3. eddieras

eddieras Godfather

Aug 30, 2007
    thanks - do you know if that would void any type of coverage - if i mess with it and can fix it? i have the protection plan. is the box 'sealed' so to speak - i'll have to take a look when i get home.

4. JeffChap

JeffChap AllStar

Feb 10, 2007
    The same thing happened to my 622. Now if I need to reboot, I just unplug it.

5. eddieras

eddieras Godfather

Aug 30, 2007
    i popped off my case, then the front nose and the white plastic plunger behind the button was too stressed to have it sit properly. i was afraid if i put it back on it would be against the power button - so i left the nose off and everything rebooted perfectly - no lasting effects - thank god!