1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brother of Ex MLB Slugger Mark McGwire "Tells All" About His Use in Steroids and HGH

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Captain_Canuck, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Captain_Canuck

Captain_Canuck Mentor

Dec 2, 2008
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3851381

[​IMG]

“Deca-Durabolin helped with his joint problems and recovery, while growth hormone helped his strength, making him leaner in the process. I became the first person to inject him, like most first-timers he couldn't plunge in the needle himself. Later a girlfriend injected him.” -- Jay McGwire, talking about his brother Mark in reported book proposal

2. Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2006
    Not a shocker. I guess the brother needs $$$$$$

Steroids = cheating

3. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    OK. What does throwing your brother under the bus equal?

4. Italia

Italia Godfather

Dec 8, 2008
    Throwing your brother under the bus=one ticked off brother.
    Estranged Brother Exposing Brother + Cheating Brother with no discussion on the past = Two Scum Bags.

Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa all made history. These three right here killed baseball for me. I lost respect for the game. Bud Selig and Roger Clemens have cemented my despise. Last season, I did not watch one full game of baseball. I may not even have made it two full innings. I used to watch just about every single baseball game possible of my team. McGwire, Bonds, Sosa, Clemens, Selig...thank you. Thank you for allowing me to enjoy other things in life.

5. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    There's more going on here than meets the eye. Family problems as well.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Mark 'clammed up' all this time becuase he was protecting his brother, even though he was estranged from him in a "I won't throw my family under the bus" attitude and Mark admitting it would have exposed the younger brother... I mean, I have a half-brother I no longer speak to but I wouldn't turn him in for something like this. Mind you, I wouldn't 'protect' someone committing physical violence, but reports are the estrangement came from Jay's *wife* over the behavior at a wedding?? Something's going on...