1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brutal Trickplay on RSN HD.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by calidelphia, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calidelphia

calidelphia Godfather

Feb 17, 2007
    As far back as I can remember, every HD Angels game I've ever recorded on Ch 96 (FSN West), has had horrible trickplay. This is the only channel I have this issue with.

Trying to fast forward pauses on the existing frame, will sit there for approx. 2-3 seconds and then it's a crapshoot where you will end up in the recording or buffer. It's like playing a video game....

I remember having this issue with every channel on one national release a long long time ago. It's come to the point where I will record the SD feed for the game.

So I'm wondering does anybody else have this problem in their local market or better yet in the L.A. market. For what it's worth, I am on the current NR.

2. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    MPEG4 HD trickplay on national releases is not very good. The lastest CE (test) showed much improved trickplay on MPEG4. That will probably be in the next national update.

3. calidelphia

calidelphia Godfather

Feb 17, 2007
    The thing is I don't see this problem with any other Mpeg 4 feed. I've downloaded several CE's and what release I have doesn't seem to matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.