1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSG: 01/16/09 Discussion (SPOILERS PERMITTED)

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Indiana627, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Finally some fraking answers! Great episode and leaves me wanting more.

Who nuked Earth?

How and when did the 13th tribe become skin job Cylons? Presumably they left the original colonies as humans, or no?

What the frak is Starbuck?

2. jhollan2

jhollan2 Godfather

Aug 31, 2006
    The episode definitely opened up some new questions and gave us a few answers. I'm pretty happy with the opener and hope that they keep the good stuff coming!

3. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    Wow.
    There were definitly a few surprises in that episode.More more.I can't wait for next week.

Hey it's been awhile,I forgot,how do you make a
    tag anyone ?

4. petergaryr

petergaryr Passed away April 24, 2010

Nov 22, 2006
    Put the word spoiler between brackets [] then type in what you want. End with a /spoiler in brackets

5. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    Anyone know how many episodes are in this final run?

6. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I forgot the / in the end bracket thanks.

7. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    Dee fragging herself,wow.I never saw that coming. my g/f jumped out of the couch,almost screaming when she did that.Wow.Kara finding herself.Definitely alot of new questions created.An excellent episode

8. TedBarrett

TedBarrett Godfather

Oct 10, 2007
    Is it really The Earth? No human remains found. The cloud covered blue marble planet shot does not reveal the shape of the continents.

I loved the line Apollo gives about no longer being bound to Pythian ramblings and free to seek their own destiny. Sounded as if the writer(s) - maybe new ones - were as sick of the overly religious gobbledygook of the last season as I am.

9. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I agree,I think they could have done w/o that story line.It could be some setup for the finale.Maybe that was the blue planet the Cylons thought was Earth.

10. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    This is not a new season even if that is how it is billed. The final 10 episodes were all ready written shot and in the can. Sci Fi was milking it for all they could, they chose to stop showing them when they found "earth".

Very intresting devlopements with Kara and Tighs wife. My wife thinks Kara is the fifth cylon and that Tighs wife is just an aged number 6 model. If Kara is not the fifth then they got some splaining to do.

11. luisorlando

luisorlando Cool Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Crazy idea. Starbuck = Young Ellen

12. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003

Very crazy just as crazy as an older six but with this show, hell it could be anything.

13. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Yes the definitely have lots of new things to explain in the remaining (I think 9) episodes. I for one didn't know I was a Cylon!

Are spoiler tags really necessary in a 'discussion' thread? I agree they should be used in an 'anticipation' thread.

14. dingo05

dingo05 Cool Member

Mar 25, 2008
    I think Kara is Tigh and Ellen's daughter.

Thoughts?

15. jhollan2

jhollan2 Godfather

Aug 31, 2006
    We've "met" Kara's mom. I cant remember an episode that mentioned her dad. I can accept that Ellen is the 5th. The question that I have is, what makes them so "revered?" Do they do something special? Are they forefathers of the other 7?

It makes sense with the whole "all of this has happened before..." stuff. But whats the significance of Kara crashing on the planet? How does she not remember? Did this whole thing that ellen said about the plan being in place take all matter and shove it somewhere else with no knowledge?

ARGH!!! I love this show...

16. TedBarrett

TedBarrett Godfather

Oct 10, 2007
    Here is an interview with Ron Moore, creator of BSG, about theis episode
    WHen asked Why Ellen? he replied
    http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune...en-tigh-battlestar-galactica-dualla-dee-.html

17. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    I fell asleep half way through the episode. It really grabbed me. :lol:
    Was it ever said if the end came from an internal conflict or from an outside attack?

18. jhollan2

jhollan2 Godfather

Aug 31, 2006
    The end of "earth"? They havent said much more than that the 5 died there. We are assuming that it was a nuke, but that hasnt been explicit (I dont think - although there is the radiation). I wouldnt put it past them to make the source of the radiation detected starbuck's ship... Talk about a true star trek causality circle...

19. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    Not sure but does it seem that some way they have moved into an alternate reality? The "been there before" thing seems to indicate that. Just food for thought. :)

20. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    As moderator, I'm officially allowing spoilers in this thread and I've changed the title to reflect that.

OK, my take:

First of all, I was incredibly surprised about Dualla. I did not see that coming. In fact, I thought she was the fifth Cylon, the only one who knew who she was.

It's not clear that Ellen really is the fifth. Tigh thinks she is, and that's all we know. It could be that Tigh remembers something about another Tigh's wife and put Ellen's face on that person, just as he put Ellen's face on the Six when he was "with" her. It's possible, as some have suggested, that Ellen is an aged Six as well. At any rate, I don't think she's the fifth.

Is Starbuck the fifth? Who or what is the creature who thinks she is Starbuck? I don't know, but my feeling is that she's not the fifth, but that the same technology that allows for manufacture of the humanoid Cylons was used to manufacture a new being and a new Viper. That may mean that the current being is a Cylon, but not the fifth.

I doubt that we'll find out who the fifth is quite yet but I still think that fifth is cognizant of whom he or she is, and has been instrumental throughout the series in manipulating events. Maybe that means it's Zarek.

Now, if Earth was filled with Cylons, does that mean that the Galactica beings are not homo sapiens? Does that mean that what we are Cylons? Does it imply that we will find a way to reincarnate or regenerate, and that we are not related to the Galactica beings? That they are not, as we would term them, human? What a head trip.

One thing is clear, the head tripping is not over.