1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSG 1/23/09

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by cj9788, Jan 24, 2009.

1. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Boring episode. Hopefully next week will be better. Gata must be fraked in the head selling out like that. Any one surprised about the chiefs kid?

2. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    It wasn't all that exciting.Refresh my memory,what is the feud all about with Gaita & Starbuck ?

3. Wire Paladin

Wire Paladin Legend

Sep 19, 2006
    Gaita lost his leg during a mission with Starbuck where they were looking for Earth. Their mission was going longer than expected, Starbuck was going wacko and she was in command. The crew (including Gaita) was about to commit mutiny and take over the ship when during a fight Gaita was shot (I think by Starbuck).

End result- he lost his leg and is rather ticked off with Starbuck. Plus it didn't help for him to find out that Starbuck's husband is also Cylon.

4. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I forgot about the fight.I saw that show.They threw alot of stuff at you during that episode.I forgot the details.It looks like things are going to get nastier this season !

5. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    I thought this was a terrible episode, especially compared to last week's great season premiere. I felt really cheated out of seeing everyone's reaction when Tigh told them who the 5th Cylon was. That discovery goes from from last episodes secretive end scene to a simple "she's dead" reference by Apollo in a press conference? The whole "who's the 5th Cylon" was the main story line for how long, and this is how they are wrapping it up? I sure hope they revisit this story line soon. Surely there must be more to it.

And seeing Tigh smiling and holding hands with the Six during the ultrasound - what the frak was up with that? Is this a new kinder, gentler Tigh?

The only entertaining part for me was when Chief Tyrol told the Admiral that the Cylons wanted to be citizens of the fleet in exchange for upgrading the FTL drives ("their - I mean our FTL technology is better than ours - I mean yours").

Oh, and Roslin's running style kind of made me laugh. Reminded me of the episode of Friends where Rachael and Phoebe went running in the park and one of them ran like a fool (can't remember which one).

6. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    And it looks like their getting back to Baltar becoming some sort of religious fanatic again.I hate that story line.I hope it ties into something good.

7. SSpectre

SSpectre Legend

Feb 23, 2008
    Anders actually shot Gaeta in the leg, but then he sat on the ship for ~15 hours while Leoben, Starbuck, Anders and Athena flew to the rebel Baseship.

Baltar actually seems to be turning against his god from the speech he gave. We'll have to see where this goes.

Tigh seems to actually have himself figured out and has gotten comfortable with it. Tyrol hasn't figured it out, and then he finds out he's not the father of his child.

8. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I thought Tyrol was going to pull a Jack Ruby on him in that crowd.

9. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    I think someone is going to have a meeting with an airlock once the mutiny is resolved. :eek2:

10. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    +1

11. jhollan2

jhollan2 Godfather

Aug 31, 2006
    I'm not surprised about the chief's kid. I always thought that stuck out in the story as an anomoly decreasing hera's importance. But this episode got a serious "meh" out of me. I was excited when I saw that moore wrote and directed it - I figured there was some serious revelations coming... instead it just turned out to be a setup I'm guessing. Geta is annoying, priest baltar is annoying, and tyrol is annoying. Unless they're really trying to show frustration of the characters with this storyline they're losing me... too bad, it was my favorite show! I hope they turn it around next friday!

12. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I don't ever remember Callie hooking up with that other guy.Who the heck was he ? Did they ever show them together.That totally threw me for a loop.I was also mad that they they killed her off.But I saw that coming for awhile though.

13. Wire Paladin

Wire Paladin Legend

Sep 19, 2006
    To me this was a setup episode for things to come. A mutiny is now in the works put together by members from both civilians and Adama's crew. They have lost confidence in both the president and Adama. Part of the remaining shows will be how Adama and Roslin regain control.

However if the humans are as stressed out about the situation, I wonder how the rebel Cylons are doing? They are probably freaking out also.

And don't forget Starbuck. Is she pissed or is she pissed? Don't frak with her.

Finally, the last scene where Roslen and Adama are in bed together. That was an eye opener.

14. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    I was surprised nobody was killed in this episode. I think just about everyone will be dead by the end of the series.

Frankly I've lost a lot of interest in the show but I'll watch the remaining 8 episodes because I'm not going to give up on it now. The new movie coming up looks pretty interesting though. Events leading up to and including the destruction of the colonies but from the cylons perspective.
    The Caprica series looks like a snooze fest to me but I'll sample it at least.

15. phox_mulder

phox_mulder Legend

Nov 1, 2007
    I remember a "HotDog", but I don't remember him being a wee little girly man.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

phox

16. luisorlando

luisorlando Cool Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I like this episode but the writers don’t follow continuity, first season show the need to save natural resources on a starship but non other that the Commander of the fleet lets the water run in the shower in this episode. Come on, what kind of idiot wrote this scene.
    No wonder scifi purists hate the show.
    No wonder ratings drop since 2nd season.
    How many people watch the show before it airs on tv? None of them was bothered with Adama wasting water down the drain.
    Did I miss an episode when they built a recycling water filter with cylon tech to just waste water like that?:mad:

The rest of the episode was ok, Tyrol's role superb and by the way I'm with Zerek this time.

17. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    That was Hot Dog. Same actor since season 1.

18. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I liked this episode, because I wasn't ready for another shocker like last week. This week's episode, while it did have some little inconsistencies, moved the final story along. The mutiny is just the sort of thing you'd expect at this point, and I hope that it's solved in a way that doesn't just culminate in an inspiring speech. I hope some people get banged around a bit.

Mr. Gaeta is a worm. I'll just say that. He's been accused of mutiny before this, he worked for the Baltar administration, and ...

If you watched the webisodes, he wasn't helping the humans, he was accidentally feeding the Cylons names of people to kill.

He sides with whomever he thinks will win, and because he's smart and valuable, his lack of courage and conviction is never an issue. He's a mini-Baltar in many ways.

19. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Ummm... Yes, you missed the whole water-recycling bit. I think it was the 2nd episode where a water tank is blown up and they say that they don't have enough water to recycle to keep the ship going.

20. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Please elaborate. I'm not familiar with what you mentioned.