1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSG - Someone to Watch Over Me - 2/27/09

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Getteau, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    Uggggggggghhhhhhhh, do the writers only have 15 minutes of material to work with. 45 minutes of filler followed by 15 minutes of content. This episode could have been 20 minutes long and still wouldn't have missed anything. Well, at least we didn't have any Baltar and his armed harem in this episode. I guess that means that we'll have to suffer through 30 minutes of them in one of the 3 remaining episodes.

I did find one thing funny as I watched the episode last night. For a fleet that has no food, they certainly seem to have a lot of booze.

Chief and Boomer
    Boy did Boomer play chief for a fool. I'm beginning to agree with the folks that thought the other Cylons knew where the fleet was the entire time. I thought chief was in on the kidnapping of Hera until I remembered that Hera was Athena's child. Maybe Ellen was reprogrammed to help her before she left the base ship. Wouldn't that be interesting? The whole thing at the end when Chief goes back into the vision was pretty cheesy. What did he think he was going to find? Boomer sitting in the chair saying “Ha Ha, sucker, I fooled you.”

Starbuck
    I guess that was supposed to be her dad. But did they have to drag that whole thing out for 1/2 the show. She could have picked up the notes from Hera and then figured it out on her own by playing with the piano after she got her tape back. The whole thing could have been boiled down into about 10 minutes.

President Roslin
    Please be dead. I really don't care about your character any longer. I thought you decided to stop being in charge a couple of episodes ago. I guess now that Lee cleaned up your mess with Zarek, you have decided to come back to work

Galactica (based on the preview for next week)
    Why do I think they are going to leave Galactica and head over to the Base ship? Then Adama will do a "captain goes down with the ship" and have Galactica pull a "Pegasus" on Cavils base ship.

To steal a bit from Bill Maher. New Rule
    No one is allowed to figure anything else out through a vision. People have brains and can figure things out without spending 1/2 a show talking to someone that isn't there. It seems like every time the writers have something new to show, they fall back to someone having a vision.

2. jhollan2

jhollan2 Godfather

Aug 31, 2006
    That was absolutely hilarious! I have to admit that I really liked this episode considering last week. What was up with all the mirrors? If starbuck saw herself in one more mirror I thought I was going to scream!

Like the line at the end where ellen says that Hera is "plugged into something" that is controlling them... hmmm... ship of lights anyone???

3. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Do the writers/producers realize there are only 3 more episodes left in the series? I think they have forgotten that and feeding us useless drivel. These last 3 episodes had better be great and contain A LOT of answers/closure.

4. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    So-so episode. I actually liked Starbuck's imaginary chat. Didn't care for Chief's, though.

5. Mar 2, 2009 #5 of 28
    rustynails

rustynails Godfather

Apr 24, 2008
    I only liked the episode because it showed a lot of Starbuck. Otherwise it was just a filler episode.

6. Mar 2, 2009 #6 of 28
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I guess the pressure is on for the last couple of episodes. This would have been a serviceable, but not memorable, episode for middle of the series, but as one of the "final five" episodes... it was a little light on content.

7. Mar 2, 2009 #7 of 28
    jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    My 722 only recorded the last 40 minutes! DOH! I learned how to use DishOnDemand for the first time. And it worked! The last 3 episodes are there to download for free. :) But ... I could easily have missed that first 20 minutes. Nothing happened anyhow except Hera drawing the stars.

However, it cut off the previews, and the on demand version does not have previews either.

8. Mar 2, 2009 #8 of 28
    Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    +1

9. Mar 2, 2009 #9 of 28
    jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    I've been complaining because the recent episodes felt too rushed - like they were cramming too much into too little time. Then this episode came along. :)

-- Roger

10. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I think I've figured out (through a vision) there will be no such thing as a last episode, just a teaser for the movie.

11. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Not impossible, but I would be severely disappointed if that were to happen after the "all will be revealed" teaser that has run all season. It would invalidate the last six or so years that I've been watching.

12. redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    This episode made me want to stop watching BSG. It was a complete waste of time. I am so disappointed in such a poor episode with so few left. If I weren't already so vested in this series I might have taken it off my TO DO list.

UGH!!! Now I'm ready for this series to be over!!

13. jhollan2

jhollan2 Godfather

Aug 31, 2006
    I will be pissed enough to wait for a movie to make it to starz if that really is their plan! Sackhoff has an interview with the latimes (no spoilers)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/02/starbuck-signs.html

and I'm leaning towards the movie theory... cranky...

Lets redo the intro to read "For 4.5 seasons millions of people have been searching for RDM's answer... he has a plan... all will be revealed... for $9.50 and some popcorn"

14. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    My questions are...
    When Boomer to Helen to Galactica, how did she know where to go?

Will Starbuck's song have some scientific significance?

Was that her Dad at the piano or is it Daniel, the 6th Cylon that was killed a long time ago. He would be in her head like 6 is in Baltar's head. Maybe he's the personification of whatever 'sense' she had to find earth.

I personally believe they are going to discover that they are ALL Cylons. Old Earth wanted to send out colony ships, but needed a more robust 'human' for long space travel so the Cylons were created.

15. redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Boomer used to be stationed on Galactica, she knows how to get around on the ship.

I think that Starbuck is Daniel, the 6th cylon. Ellen/Caval had a discussion that said something to the effect that Caval messed with the DNA of Daniel, really messing it up and they boxed the line. Maybe Daniel became Kara.

16. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Yes, but how did she find Galactica in the first place? Galactica has made several jumps since Boomer was last on the ship. If the 'bad' Cylons know where the humans are, wouldn't they attack?

17. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    That is the big question. Does it mean something, or is it just bad writing.

18. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Maybe Cavil's scared to attack without resurrection tech?

Maybe Ellen can 'track' the other 4 and pointed the way?

Maybe it's just handwavium on the writer's part? Why let 'reality' get in the way of the story?

19. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    One theory would say Galactica was no more than one jump from Earth (implying a limited set of places it could be.) Let's say the Cylons got to Earth first because they discovered an easy way to get from the cloud Kara was in to Earth.

They kidnapped Kara, intended to show her the way to Earth (since it was already ruined and they knew this would be a big mind-frak) but she intentionally crashed the Viper to avoid capture. They then resurrected both her and the Viper and sent her back.

Now, they were able to figure out where the fleet was when they wanted to return Kara, because again it was at most one or two jumps from where Kara disappeared. They knew where Kara was going so they had some idea where Galactica was the whole time.

So then, when it was time to return Ellen, they looked at where Galactica must have been.

The theory here is that there are not an unlimited number of jump destinations from any point. Let's say there are only 20 or 25, which is why it takes multiple jumps to get somewhere. So to be two jumps from somewhere, you are one of 625 different places. Process of elimination isn't that hard.

Of course it could also be bad writing.

20. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    Even if they explain how Boomer and Ellen found the fleet, how are they going to explain that no one on Galactica seems concerned that they were able to find it?

-- Roger