1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bucks and Brewers game on Dish Network?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by MilFan, Sep 13, 2010.

1. MilFan

MilFan Legend

Sep 13, 2010
    Hello,

I just signed up for a bundle with Dish Network. I was told that I would receive all the Brewers and Bucks programming that is scheduled to be played on FS Wisconsin. I live in Madison, and only get FS North in the bundle. I have heard from others that during the games, alternate channels would appear for the Bucks/Brewers games that are on FS Wisconsin. I had a few questions:

1. Is this accurate?
    2. Are these channels HD (assuming they are scheduled to be in HD on FS Wisconsin)?
    3. Do these channels move around in terms of #, or do they remain constant?

Thank you in advance.

2. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    HD games on RSNs only appear in the guide when a game is scheduled. There are few, if any 24/7 HD RSNs on Dish at this time. When a game is scheduled there is usually a second channel that may be the same channel number as the 24/7 SD channel (for example my RSNs are 425 & 431. There is an HD version of these channels that only have programs on during games (and not necessarily every game, at times the pro league schedules maxes out Dish's HD capacity so some games are either not carried or are "JIP" -joined in progress). The only full time HD RSN I get is The Big 10 Network (why does college sports outrank pro sports when it comes to HD carriage?).

3. MilFan

MilFan Legend

Sep 13, 2010
    Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly:

1. Yes, I will get the Brewers/Bucks games carried by FS Wisconsin on the alternate channels, but those channels will only be available for the games
    2. The games should be in HD (if carried in HD by FS Wisconsin), but might not be due to HD overload on Dish Network

Is that accurate?

4. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    IIRC, you will probly not get both Bucks and Brewers on nites if there is a conflict as long as the Crew is still playing.

5. MilFan

MilFan Legend

Sep 13, 2010
    Correct, I would just get whatever was scheduled for FS Wisconsin between Bucks/Brewers, not both. That would only come into play for the first couple weeks of April.

6. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    I believe all of the Brewers games were produced in HD by FS WI. For my liking there is too many Brewer games that are not passed on in HD....but, since they have recently sent up another bird there is chatter of full-time RSN's on the horizon. I do not watch enough Bucks (usually just the beginning of the season or so) to know if that also affects their games.

7. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    is FS WI a spin off to FS north? I mean when the pro teams arent playing they run the same programming right?

8. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Never say never. In my neck of the woods there has been times when a Cavs game and a Blue Jackets game was on at the same time. The Jackets game sometimes is on an alt channel while the Cavs are always on the main FS Ohio channel. As always YMMV!