1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Buffer Live Radio?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by sheltrk, Nov 10, 2011.

1. sheltrk

sheltrk AllStar

Nov 1, 2007
    Not sure if this is the right forum, but it seems like the best fit...

I like to listen to the local play-by-play radio guy when I am watching my favorite college football and basketball games on television. Unfortunately, with satellite television, I don't see what I'm hearing about for up to about ~8 seconds.

Does anyone know an inexpensive way I can record/buffer the FM radio audio signal for a few seconds before I play it back? Ideally I'd like to buffer it and play it back through my home theater audio system (Pioneer VSX receiver).

2. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    If you find it, let me know. I have tried a couple different software programs, but they drop the stream so often, you end up with blank recordings.
    There really needs to be a FM Tivo.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Latency can be a bitch!

No help here, but seems like there would be an easy tech solution -- just not much demand. Aren't there some car radios that offer 30-second audio skip-back?