1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

BUG REPORT: DVR menu live video preview not always in preview window

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by MattG, Jan 16, 2004.

1. MattG

MattG Legend

Dec 30, 2003
    How to make the video not show up in the video preview window:

1) view live video feed
    2) hit guide
    3) hit info
    4) hit dvr. The video will underlay the menu text instead of being in the preview window.

I've done a smartcard reboot to confirm this but I'd like somebody else to try it. Admittedly this is a trivial bug but I'd like to see the E* engineers make the 921 as solid as possible. I think this is related to a more serious problem because doing something similar with the PIP functions I saw the grey X screen of death but I haven't been able to reproduce it. When that crash occurred I saw the video in the top left quarter of the screen with a gray box in the bottom left quarter of the screen and when I hit channel down it rebooted.

Boot V: 120B
    Flash V: F051
    SW V: L142
    Dish 500/300 DP34.

2. MattG

MattG Legend

Dec 30, 2003
    Found another condition where live video isn't shown in the DVR video preview window.

1) Watch recorded show
    2) hit stop
    3) erase the show
    4) whatever live channel it was tuned to previously shows up underneath the dvr menu text and not in the preview window.