1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Report: L149 OTA timer doesn't fire

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Cheezmo, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Cheezmo

Cheezmo Legend

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm 0 for 2 on OTA timers.

In this case I was watching 5-1 live from 8-8:59 (Apprentice). About 50 minutes into the show I paused.

There was a manual record set to record ER from 8:59 - 10:00. I checked at 8:57 or so and the little timer icon was flashing.

But, at 9:02, there is no indication that the timer started recording. It is still listed as a future event in the PVR screen.

I assume someone actually has had an OTA timer work? Any suggestions as to what I might try to get one to work?

2. Bogney

Bogney Legend

Jul 11, 2003
    1. Set the offset times to zeros instead of the default 1 and 3.
    2. Leave the 921 showing a live satellite channel instead of an OTA channel.
    3. Do not have a satellite channel recording when the OTA timer activates.

3. Cheezmo

Cheezmo Legend

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes, that worked.

I didn't 0 out the offset times, but I did tune to a satellite channel (and turned off the 921 for good measure). Sure enough I did get one to fire off.

4. srrobinson2

srrobinson2 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 16, 2003
    With the 921 powered off, I can usually get an OTA and a sat recording to go at the same time. (But, who wants to keep their unit off all the time? :nono: )