1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Report: L149 - Unit locked up and rebooted

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by srrobinson2, Apr 7, 2004.

1. srrobinson2

srrobinson2 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 16, 2003
    I was recording "24" last night on the local Fox affliate (SAT feed--not OTA). We were watching the show about 30 minutes behind real time, and after 15 minutes, the screen froze, we saw a gray screen with a small "x" in the middle and then finally the unit rebooted. This looked suspiciously like a Linux screen, so I am supposing that the computer crashed and rebooted.

The good news is that after the 6 minute reboot (can't believe it takes that long!), "24" began recording again. We missed 6 minutes of the show, however.

I was also recording "Frazier" on my NBC OTA HD affliate at the same time, and it did not resume recording when the unit powered back up.

2. Frank Z

Frank Z Godfather

Nov 15, 2002
    I've experienced the exact same problem. It's happened a couple of times.

3. deweybrunner

deweybrunner Legend

Feb 8, 2004
    This happens to me every day or so. Hopefully new software will be out soon that should fix this!

4. Big D

Big D Legend

Aug 19, 2002
    I can add that my unit has done this as well, it appears this is a global bug that effects all of us from time to time.

5. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Welcome to the end of February; this has been happening for quite some time now and is not new to either software L147 or L149.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=24398

6. srrobinson2

srrobinson2 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 16, 2003
    Well, I'm getting this phenomenon plus the blue line cousin (red and green lines) on all SD broadcasts coming through my component cables and failure to record OTA and SAT at the same time unless the unit is powered off.

I'm trying to recall the last time I spent $1000 for something that worked this well...let me think....nope can't come up with another example!