1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Report L182

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by djtowle, Jun 6, 2004.

1. djtowle

djtowle Mentor

Feb 2, 2004
    Start watching a show in progress (Discovery channel inthis case). Hit record, record to end of event option.

Now go to guide, highlight the next show airing on the same channel (discovery) and hit record button, repeat for as many consecutive shows as you like on the same channel.

Wait until the second, 3rd, 4th etc show is on. hit PvR button for list of recording (ed) shows. Note the list shows that show #1! is still being recorded. None of the other, subsequent, shows are recorded. Upon further investigation you will find that the other shows are/were being recorded, they are just all hidden within the 1st show. :confused: No seperate PVR title for each show as would be expected.

One timer is still running so I will see if it lists the titles seperatly once it is finished but I am very doubtful. I will also update software once recording is done.

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    The "hidden" show feature works great when creating a manual timer whose duration spans multiple shows.

No idea if this variation is by accident or design, but I've never seen it happen, and I do the same thing as you all the time.

Be on the lookout for timer database corruption. You may have to delete ALL timers (not recordings) and do a power-plug reboot to clear it up.

If you get satellite timers failing to fire, that's a sign.

3. djtowle

djtowle Mentor

Feb 2, 2004
    Yep, I think it's time to do just that.

My sunday timer for Enterprise just went off and it says it is recording Hawai five-0!. Of course the program guide says enterprise, the timer says enterprise, the show that is on IS enterprise, yet the pvr list thinks it is Hawaii five-0.

Very impressive.

4. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Known issue - no harm except for the confusion factor. It's showing the show title from the beginning of the recording - the show in progress during the start padding time. That's not the only cause, but the most common.

5. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    You want to mess up the 921 with it thinking it's still recording something, even though it isn't?

Try setting up a timer to record a channel which you only have for a limited period of time, say because the channel is in temporary free preview mode. Set the timer to start recording when you have access to the channel, but end recording after you've lost access to the channel. The red record light will continue to be on even after the channel has gone away, and the 921 will think it correctly recorded the entire program even though it didn't.